WINES OF ITALY
Bardolino - DOC (PDO)
- Pair wine Bardolino with:
All meals but avoid too tasty recipes. Ideal with pasta and beans and other thick soups or minestrone, chicken or turkey dishes such as chicken cacciatore
- Production area of Bardolino DOC:
- Bardolino and other municipalities between Verona and the southestern shores of the Garda Lake-Veneto-Italy
- Vine selection :
- Corvina Veronese (35-65%), Rondinella (10-40%), Molinara (10-20%) and Negrara (0-10%); plus, eventually, Rossignola and/or Barbera and/or Sangiovese and/or Garganega (0-10%)
- light ruby red, sometimes with cherry-red highlights, turning to maroon with age.
- thin, delicate.
- dry, sapid, harmonious and slightly bitter; sometimes lightly sparkling.
- Minimum alcohol content:
- up to the year if you want to appreciate it completely. Minimum one year the DOCG (Bardolino Superio
- Chiaretto. Chiaretto Spumante. Novello.
- Classico (11,5°) produced in six municipalities of older tradition (Bardolino, Garda, Lazise, Affi, Castermano and Cavaion). Chiaretto Spumante Classico (11,5°). Novello Classico.
- Serving temperature of wine Bardolino:
- Serve the wine at: 60° Farenheit, 16° Celsius opening the bottle few minutes in advance. Serbe Bardolino Superiore at 1