Tagliatelle con gamberoni
King prawn tagliatelle Our original home cooking
Tagliatelle with prawns is a great first course. A few ingredients but they must be of high quality to get good results. If you use fresh tagliatelle, it is a fantastic dish. On this page you will find not only how to make prawn sauce that works well with any type of noodles but also the right doses for the kamut egg tagliatelle to make at home!
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 12 (about 300g - 10 1/2 ounces) giant king prawns
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 100ml (3 1/3 fluid ounces) dry white wine
- For kamut egg dough
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) kamut flour
- 1 egg
- Water, if necessary
preparation: 40 minutes
plus time for homemade egg pasta
cooking: 20 minutes
total time: 1 hour
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 329 (kcal) 17 % GDA (*)- 1377 (kJ)
Protein: 18.7 (g) 25 % GDA
Total fat: 13.6 (g) 20 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 32.5 (g) 13 % GDA
Sugars: 3.0 (g) 4 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (114 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for prawn tagliatelle
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare kamut tagliatelle.
If you want more details look at our page of homemade pasta. Link below!
Kneading your kamut dough, it is possible you have to add some water. Sometimes it is enough only to dampen your hands.
You can make tagliatelle at least 4 hours before but you can prepare them the day before too. So they can dry very well.
Arrange tagliatelle on trays sprinkled with semolina flour because it is important to avoid sticking while your fresh pasta is drying.
Let tagliatelle dry in a cool place.
- - While you bring salted water to a boil and cook tagliatelle until "al dente" stage, you can prepare pasta sauce.
Remember tagliatelle cook in about five minutes but cooking time depends on dough thickness.
Shell king prawns but do not remove their head.
Put king prawns, bay leaf and olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
Let prawns fry slightly on both sides, 2 minutes.
Then pour in white wine and season to taste with salt.
Cook on high flame, stirring with delicacy not to detach prawn heads, other 2 minutes.
Cut in parsley and chives at last moment.
Just before serving
- - Drain pasta, transfer to the pan with sauce and cook, on high heat, until all ingredients flavor, 1 minute.
- - Serve hot.
- - You can also use dried aromatic herbs instead of fresh ones.
- - You can also brown a garlic clove together with bay leaf. I do not use garlic because I think its too aromatic taste covers the flavors of all other ingredients. Besides more and more people do not like it.
- - I propose kamut flour for tagliatelle but if you don't find it or don't like it, you can use the traditional all-purpose flour. The important thing is to use fresh tagliatelle for this recipe.
- - Use fresh king prawns for the best result but you can also choose frozen king prawns. In this case they must not be precooked.
- - The goodness of this first course is not in the recipe but in the high quality of its ingredients.
I find it ideal to plan a full menu when you have guests.
- - If you want to prepare an Italian only-fish menu, serve a lot of tidbits, then this tagliatelle dish and, finally, a second course (for example baked salmon). Just be careful not to choose too tasty appetizers, you risk not to prepare your mouth to taste correctly this noodle recipe.
Do not forget a cake but without cream or custard. They do not get along with fish!
Useful links for this recipe
- - Follow the link if interested in fresh egg pasta how-to!
- - This prawn tagliatelle dish serves 2 because it's a recipe I sometimes make for me and my husband on Sundays. To complete our menu we also eat raw or boiled seasonal vegetables, dressed with only 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- - If you serve it in a full Italian menu, it serve more people (even four).
- - You can increase olive oil and prawns but be careful about calories and fat.
- - I remember that kamut flour, in addition to having a different flavor if compared to wheat flour or semolina, has superior nutritional properties and is guaranteed as organic production. In particular, it has a higher protein content and therefore it is better to make pasta!
What's the right wine for " King prawn tagliatelle "?
Rating: 4.8 / vote cast: 6