Authentic Italian Cooking
Do you know Italian fresh pasta? we Italians means tagliatelle and other long-shaped pasta, stuffed pasta filled with meat, fish, cheese or vegetables (ravioli, agnolotti, tortellini), pasta made with durum wheat flour and so on ... Discover Italian fresh pasta with us!
Italian fresh pasta is famous all over the
Fresh pasta dough can be made with eggs such as ravioli, tortellini, tagliatelle, large tagliatelle (pappardelle), thin tagliatelle (fettuccine).
Fresh pasta dough can be also made without eggs: orecchiette, fusilli , Ligurian trofie, cavatelli ... .
Every Italian region has its own recipes.
So ravioli of Piedmont is very different from ravioli of Sardinia.
It's different the shape and the sauce to toss them too! Read the traditional recipes and our home cooking listed below to choose the recipe idea you prefer.
If you want to astonish your guests with a typical Italian dish, learn how to make a dish with fresh pasta.
You can begin your daily menu with this kind of pasta or choose a more elaborate recipe for a celebration.
Italian fresh pasta recipes
How to make homemade fresh pasta
Our original home cooking
- Ligurian trofie with vegetables
- Ravioli stuffed with artichokes and lamb
- Ravioli stuffed with salmon and potatoes
- Red radicchio & sausage ravioli
- Tagliatelle wih king prawns
- Tagliatelle with wild mushrooms
- Tagliatelle with mushroom and prawn sauce
- Green tagliatelle with prawns and bell peppers
- Tricoloured vegetable ravioli
Traditional Italian fresh pasta recipes
- Cavatelli with turnip tops (Apulia and Basilicata)
- Orecchiette with horse meatballs (Apulia)
- Orecchiette with red bell peppers (Basilicata)
- Pasta with beans (Latium and Abruzzo)
- Pumpkin pasta rings (North of Italy)
- Strozzapreti from Emilia
- Tortellini with cream-and-ham sauce
- Tortellini from Romagna (cappelletti)
Pasta recipes by our readers
Do you want to know more sauce recipes? Consult our page dedicated to the different ways we use in Italy to dress dry or fresh pasta
Pasta sauces and sauce recipes to accompany fish, meat, vegetables or eggs