Orecchiette con i peperoni
Orecchiette with red bell peppers, Basilicata-style Authentic Italian recipe
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 300 g (10 1/2oz) red bell peppers
- A very little bunch arugula, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- A pinch oregano
- Some fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 20 g (3/4 oz) capers in vinegar, drained and chopped
- 250 g (8 1/2oz) fresh orecchiette
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper, if you like or hot chili pepper
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 60 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: XX (kcal) - XX (kJ)
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
Download free PDF version (171 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Orecchiette is a type of fresh Italian pasta. It is made with durum-wheat semolina.
Orecchiette with red bell peppers is a very easy recipe, the best if you make it in summer with fresh ingredients and aromatic herbs.
It's a typical recipe of Basilicata where people use red bell peppers very much even dried and crumbled.
Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Wash bell peppers and pat dry with kitchen paper. Put them in the sheet and bake for about 30 minutes until the skin is roasted. Remove baking sheet from oven and fold the aluminum foil into a package, enclosing the peppers. This process will steam them and make easy to peel. When the peppers are cool enough to handle remove their skin. Then cut into quarters, discard their seeds and cut into strips.
Fry lightly the garlic in the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and then remove it and add the bell peppers, arugula, parsley, capers, oregano and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if you like it (the best would be a piece of red chili pepper). Let all the ingredients flavour on high heat for a couple of minutes.
Meanwhile cook pasta in abundant salted water to al dente stage according to the instructions on the package. Drain and pour in the pan, cook for other 1 minute, stirring.
Your dish is ready!
- - It's a low fat recipes and ideal for people who follow a vegetarian diet.
- - Use another kind of pasta if you are not be able to find orecchiette.
What's the right wine for " Orecchiette with red bell peppers, Basilicata-style "?
Our suggestion is: combine a white wine such as Matera bianco (white wine from Bailicata) or a rosè wine.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1