Cavatelli con broccoli e polpa di granchio
Pasta with broccoli and crab meat Traditional Italian recipe from Sicily
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 200 g (7 oz) fresh cavatelli (Italian pasta)
- 1 170 g (6 oz) can crab meat
- 400 g (14 oz) steamed broccoli
- 1 garlic clove
- 30 g (1 oz) shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 566 (kcal) 29 % GDA (*)- 2367 (kJ)
Protein: 29.2 (g) 59 % GDA
Total fat: 17.9 (g) 26 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 72.4 (g) 27 % GDA
Sugars: 13.9 (g) 16 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (155 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Surprise your guests with this easy to do but tasty main course from Sicily. It's made with a particular pasta shape called cavatelli. Cavatelli are made in the south of Italy and they are known with different names in Apulia, Calabria or Sicily. In Sicily they are called cavatiddi or gnocculi or gnocchitti.
Cook cavatelli in abundant salt water according to the instructions.
Meanwhile prepare the sauce. Saute the garlic and shallot in the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Stir freqyently not to brown them. Add the steamed broccoli, season to taste with salt and stir. Let all the ingredients flavour for some minutes. You will have a creamy sauce as you can see in the photo. Remove the preserving liquid from the crab meat. Switch off the gas, remove the garlic clove and add the crab meat and stir.
Drain the cavatelli, pour them into the pan and let all the ingredients flavour on high heat for a minute stirring with delicacy.
Serve the pasta dish hot.
- - If you don't like the garlic you can't use it. You have a tasty recipe.
- - If you don't find cavatelli don't worry! You can use other short pasta shapes such as penne.
- - Use steamed broccoli for the best result!
- - It's a great one-plate meal. Complete it with fresh fruit.
But you cn choose it to plan a great Italian dinner party menu for a celebration.
What's the right wine for " Pasta with broccoli and crab meat "?
Our suggestion is: Sciacca Inzolia (white wine from Sicily)
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1