Trota salmonata al vapore
Steamed salmon trout Our original home cooking
Steamed salmon trout is a quick, easy to do, healthy recipe, rich in taste if seasoned with a lot of aromatic herbs. Low-calorie dish, perfect for your Mediterranean diet.
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 300g (10.5 ounces) salmon trout fillets
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 5 minutes
cooking: 20 minutes
total: 25 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 226 (kcal) 12 % GDA (*)- 947 (kJ)
Protein: 22.2 (g) 45 % GDA
Total fat: 14.5 (g) 21 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 1.4 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 1.4 (g) 2 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (25 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Steamed salmon trout fillet recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Cook trout fillets.
Place fish fillets in your steam cooker.
Bring to a boil and steam, 10 minutes.
- - Season trout fillets.
Mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar, stirring vigorously.
Transfer trout fillets on a serving platter.
Remove their skin, if you can.
Sprinkle olive oil and vinegar emulsion. Season to taste with salt. Top with chives.
Just before serving
- - Let your trout fillets rest, few minutes, before serving.
In summer, you can serve them cold or at room temperature.
- - A variant: season steamed trout fillets only with olive oil and sprinkle smoked paprika (pimento) on the top.
- - My husband and I like to top these trout fillets with chopped toasted hazelnuts too!
- - This is a perfect dish for your family menu you can make all year round.
Accompany it with the seasonal side dish you prefer.
- - Steamed fish is a great choice for your family weekly menu plan. It is a well-balanced dish, if accompanied by seasonal vegetables.
Cooking technique is healthy and, above all, olive oil is used raw to preserve its great nutritional qualities.
That's why it is suitable for the Mediterranean diet.
What's the right wine for " Steamed salmon trout "?
My husband and I are used to match a great wine from Friuli: Ribolla Gialla that is perfect for boiled and steamed fish.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 2