Tasty salt cod Our original home cooking
Tasty salt cod is the name I gave to my way of cooking salt cod with raisins and without tomatoes. The recipe is very simple and is hardly a novelty in Italian cuisine as from North to South raisins is usually combined with salt cod. But I have a much healthier method of cooking than long-frying leeks. Read more below. The dish is so much more digestible and suitable for everyone. I recommend my recipe for autumn and winter.
Ingredients / Serves 3
- 600g (1 1/3 pound) soaked salt cod
- 500g (1.1 pound) leeks
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon crumbleddried bay leaves
- 30g (1 ounce) raisins
- 100ml (3 1/3 fluid ounces) white wine
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
plus soaking time
cooking: 30-40 minutes
total: 1 hour
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 311 (kcal) 16 % GDA (*)- 1303 (kJ)
Protein: 38.3 (g) 77 % GDA
Total fat: 11.8 (g) 17 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 13.9 (g) 6 % GDA
Sugars: 13.9 (g) 16 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (137 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
No tomato salt cod stew recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Soak raisins in warm water for 15-20 minutes.
- - Cooking.
Slice leeks very thinly and put them in a saucepan together with wine and some ladles of water.
Begin cooking over a medium heat, half-covered.
Meanwhile remove the black skin and bones to the fish and slice it in fillets.
Squeeze raisins from their soaking water.
When leeks are soft, after 20-30 minutes, add salt cod fillets and soaked sultanas.
Pour into your pan a little hot water only if necessary.
Go on cooking, half-covered, for about 10 minutes.
Turn salt cod fillets with delicacy only once.
Don't cook too much: your fish may become tough.
Season to taste with salt, only if necessary, at the end of cooking.
Just before turning off the stove add aromatic herbs too.
Just before serving
- - Once turned off the stove, add olive oil.
- - Stir with delicacy and serve at once.
- - Soak salt cod in cold water for almost 48 hours, changing water often, if you buy salted fillets.
I keep my salt cod fillets covered with cold water in the refrigerator.
- - Tasty salt cod can be accompanied by a seasonal green salad or boiled potatoes.
What's the right wine for " Tasty salt cod "?
My husband and I have the habit to match Colli Berici Pinot (white wine from Venetia - Italy) to this tasty salt cod recipe :))
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1