Filetti di dentice impanati
Baked sea-bream fillets Our original home cooking
My recipe for breaded baked fish fillets allows you to avoid frying. In this case I use common dentex but you can use your favorite fish fillet. The result is a more digestible dish than deep-fried fish. Besides it has fewer calories. Ideal for children. All year round recipe (you can do it with frozen fillets too) for the Mediterranean diet.
Ingredients / Serves 3
- 450g (1 pound) sea-bream fillets
- 30g (1 ounce) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 30g (1 ounce) plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: 20 minutes
total: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 305 (kcal) 16 % GDA (*)- 1275 (kJ)
Protein: 29.5 (g) 59 % GDA
Total fat: 13.8 (g) 20 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 16.6 (g) 7 % GDA
Sugars: 1.7 (g) 2 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (124 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for baked breaded fish fillets
Preparation and cooking
- - Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F).
- - Prepare fish fillets.
Meanwhile dip your fish fillets first into flour, then into beaten egg and in the end into plain dried breadcrumbs.
Arrange them in an ovenproof non-stick frying pan preferably with a riddled bottom, or on oven paper in a baking sheet.
- - Baking.
Cook your fish fillets for 15-20 minutes, according to their thickness, turning them over once.
Remove from the oven.
Just before serving
- - Season to taste with salt and olive oil.
Serve still warm.
- - I generally use fresh fish fillets but you can use frozen fillets to. Thaw them at room temperature.
- - You can also add chives or sesame seeds to beaten egg.
- - The success of this dish is in the perfect cooking in the oven. You'll understand that your fillets are ready when they have formed a nice crust.
I have also experienced another way. I spray olive oil directly on the oven paper before placing my raw fillets on the baking sheet. In this way their breading soaks with seasoning. From the point of view of health, however, it is better to add olive oil once removed from the oven.
- - I always learned to keep olive oil on hand in a spray bottle. It is very useful in cases like this to distribute it uniformly. So I'm able to use less olive oil!
- - Breaded baked fish fillets are a great idea for your family menu. The recipe is very quick and easy. Besides you avoid frying.
- - Accompany them with seasonal vegetables.
- - If you want to decrease calories you just do not do double breading. Dip fillets only in beaten egg and breadcrumbs. In this case calories are 271 and carbohydrates are only 8.8 grams.
- - Fiber per serving: 0,8 grams.
What's the right wine for " Baked sea-breamfillets "?
My husband and I always pair a white wine. We prefer Erbaluce di Caluso from Piedmont - Italy.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1