Merluzzo al limone
Lemon-flavored baked cod Authentic Italian recipe
Baked cod with lemon is a light dish, ideal for those who like to eat in a healthy way. On the other hand just look at the nutritional intake of the recipe. Despite the fish portion is greater than the recommended one, calories are fairly contained. Mediterranean diet recipe.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 800g (1 3/4 pound) fresh cod fillets, thinly sliced
- 4 lemons, sliced
- 150g (5 1/3 ounces) onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried bay leaves
- 60g (2.1 ounces) unsalted butter
- 200ml (6 3/4 fluid ounces - 1/ plus 1/3 cup) white wine
- 2 tablespoons plain dried breadcrumbs
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 40 minutes
total: 1 hour
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 276 (kcal) 14 % GDA (*)- 1155 (kJ)
Protein: 33.3 (g) 67 % GDA
Total fat: 13.9 (g) 20 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 5.8 (g) 3 % GDA
Sugars: 2.2 (g) 3 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (99 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for baked cod with lemon
Preparation and cooking
- - Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- - Prepare cod for baking.
Butter a baking pan and make a first layer with lemon slices.
Arrange half fish fillets over lemon slices.
Season to taste with salt, sprinkle half parsley and chives and bay leaves.
Make a layer with lemon slices.
Add onion slices uniformly and cover with remaining fish fillets.
Season to taste with salt, sprinkle remaining bay leaves and parsley.
Pour in white wine, sprinkle plain dried breadcrumbs and distribute some butter flakes uniformly.
- - Baking.
Bake, 40 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Your dish is ready, serve at once.
- - You can also make this dish with frozen fish.
- - Baked cod with lemon is a good idea for your family dinner.
- - Accompany it with a seasonal side dish. Prefer boiled or grilled vegetables.
- - You can substitute butter with olive oil to decrease calories and fat.
- - Cod portion in this recipe is higher than that one recommended by nutritionists (150g - 5 1/3 ounces). If you cook the right portion you can reduce calories to 242.
What's the right wine for " Lemon-flavored baked cod "?
Pair a good white wine to baked cod with lemon, for example white Regaleali (wine from Sicily)
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1