Boiled cod Our original home cooking
Boiled cod is a very light recipe if the fish is seasoned with olive oil and it is very healthy for the cooking method. Planning your weekly menu with a dish like this definitely helps to maintain physical fitness. Typical example of Mediterranean diet recipe.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 1 800g (1 3/4 pound) fresh cod, whole
- Court bouillon
- Dried chives
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or mayonnaise sauce
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: 50 minutes
total: 60 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 198 (kcal) 10 % GDA (*)- 828 (kJ)
Protein: 25.8 (g) 52 % GDA
Total fat: 10.4 (g) 15 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 0.0 (g)
Sugars: 0.0 (g)
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (151 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Boiled cod recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare court bouillon.
Let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
Let it cool.
- - Boil cod.
At this point add the whole fish and bring to a boil.
Lower heat and go on cooking, half-covered, for at least 20 minutes or until the fish is tender.
Let cod cool in court bouillon.
Just before serving
- - Remove cod from cooking liquid and place in a large plate.
Remove skin and bones.
Transfer cod in a serving plate and reassemble it, if necessary.
Sprinkle with chives.
Dress with olive oil or mayonnaise sauce or other sauces suitable for fish.
Your boiled cod is ready to serve.
Remember to have some lemon juice on hand for anyone who wants.
- - If you want, you can use smaller cods (1 or 2 per guest); you have to reduce cooking time naturally.
- - You can dress fish with capers in vinegar if you want a tastier recipe on condition that you are not on diet poor on salt.
- - If you want a quick recipe, use cod fillets and reduce cooking time. You can also use frozen fish fillets. In this case you have to add fish when court bouillon is boiling (taste the fish with a toothpick to control the cooking and the fish has really thawed).
- - You can also steam your cod fillets. Add some aromatic herbs to boiling water.
- - Boiled cod is a recipe that you can do throughout the year because you can also find it frozen. Ideal for your family menu.
- - The choice to eat boiled cod is usually done because you have kids that have to learn to eat fish or because you want to follow a diet: slimming, detoxifying, low-fat ... So you have to be careful with seasonings and what you choose to complete your meal. A tasty seasonal salad would be perfect. In winter radicchio, fennel and orange. In summer assorted lettuce and tomatoes. In spring lettuce, radicchio and raw artichokes. In fall assorted endive, radicchio and apples. Or what suggests your fantasy provided you mix fruits and vegetables of different colors. Another solution is seasonal boiled vegetables but dressed sparingly.
- - I calculated nutritional facts of boiled cod with olive oil.
If you need to follow a low fat diet use less oil. A way for seasoning less than usual is to keep on hand olive oil in a nebulizer (sold in shopping centers). Olive oil is better distributed but in reduced quantity. Help yourself with plenty of lemon juice too in this case. And maybe if you season in advance, the flavors have time to amalgamate well.
- - By limiting the fillet portion to 100 grams, boiled cod is an excellent solution for a weight loss diet. Calories with the same amount of olive oil are only 158. Keep in mind, please, this thing: no need to put on short commons for a few weeks and then resume eating as before. Inevitably, you'll regain all the weight lost with so much effort. The important thing is to find one's diet with correct portions lifelong.
- - Fiber per serving: obviously 0.0 grams ;))
What's the right wine for " Boiled cod "?
Pair a good white wine from Italy. But keep in mind that a glass of wine has about 80 calories. So if you are on diet ...
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1