Merluzzo fresco al forno
Baked fresh cod Authentic Italian recipe
Baked fresh cod is a recipe with great features: it's very easy to do, tasty and, above all, low calorie, low fat and so healthy. Ideal for all ages. You can do it all year round. You'll need just a few ingredients, in other words, it's also cheap. The preparation is quick and then it's the oven to bake and you can do what you want. Mediterranean diet recipe.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 600g (1 1/3 ounces) fresh cod fillets
- Some sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 glass of white wine
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Half a lemon juice, filtered
- Pepper, if you like
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: about 20 minutes
totale: 30 minuti
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 170 (kcal) 9 % GDA (*)- 712 (kJ)
Protein: 23.5 (g) 47 % GDA
Total fat: 8.4 (g) 13 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 0.1 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 0.1 (g) 1 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (171 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for baked fresh cod fillets
Preparation and cooking
- - Preheat oven to 180°C (350°).
- - Prepare for baking.
Grease a baking pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
Arrange your cod fillets in your pan.
Season to taste with salt and pepper (if liked).
Dress with remaining olive oil and wine.
Bake for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile clean and wash parsley and then chop it together with garlic clove, peeled.
Remove your pan from the oven, sprinkle cod fillets with chopped garlic and parsley.
Pour lemon juice over them and then turn over cod fillets.
Put your pan in the oven again and complete cooking.
Just before serving
- - Transfer your cod fillets in individual plates.
Serve fish hot, sprinkled with its cooking juice.
- - You can prepare this dish with frozen cod too. Thaw it before using.
- - In winter use dried parsley.
- - Accompany this dish with potato salad or boiled vegetables or seasonal green salad.
- - As you have noticed, baked cod fillets have very few calories and fat. So they are an excellent choice when, for example after Christmas holidays, you want to get fit. If you have this idea, however, it would be better not to accompany this dish with boiled potatoes but prefer a side dish made with seasonal vegetables, raw or boiled or steamed, but little seasoned.
In any case it would be a good idea to plan your weekly menu with light dishes like this one.
What's the right wine for " Baked fresh cod "?
The best wine to pair to baked cod fillets, according to me and my husband, is Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi (white wine from Marche - Italian region).
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1