Orata con le olive
Sea bream with olives Our original home cooking
- 2 medium-size sea breams (600g - 1 1/3 pound)
- 20g (3/4 ounce) black olives, sliced
- 20g (3/4 ounce) green olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Half a glass of white wine
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon spicy olive oil, if you like
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: 20 minutes
total: 50 minutes
- Nutrition Facts (amount per serving):
Calories: 319 (kCal) 16 % GDA (*) - 1334 (kJ)
Protein: 41.3 (g) 55 % GDA
Total fat: 16.1 (g) 24 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 2.3 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 2.3 (g) 3 % GDA
Recipe for sea bream with olives
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare sea breams.
Clean, scale and fillet fish.
- - Cooking sea breams.
Put olive oil, vinegar, wine, spicy oil (if you like), olives, rosemary and bay leaf in a non-stick frying pan.
Bring to a boil and add fish fillets after 5 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and cook over low heat until cooking juice is well retduced.
Turn over fish fillets a couple of times so that they can be cooked and flavored well on all sides.
Turn over your fillets gently because they tend to break easily.
Just before turning off the stove add parsley and chives.
Just before serving
- - Serve your sea bream fillets hot, sprinkled with their cooking juice in individual plates.
- - This is a simple-to-do and healthy recipe.
- - If you have difficulty to fillet sea breams, you can cook them whole, making sure to increase the amount of wine and cooking time and fill the inside of your fish with some ingredients.
- - This sea bream recipe is very simple, genuine and healthy. Ideal for your family menu and your children too as long as you add no spicy oil.
- - You can do sea bream fillets with olives throughout the year. In summer (the best season) with caught fish in the Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean and in all other seasons with the frozen fillets or farmed fish.
- - The presence of olives raises a little calories and fat in this recipe with sea bream fillets. For this reason it is better to accompany it only with a seasonal green salad or, alternatively, raw or boiled vegetables. But be careful with dressing. You can accompany your main dish with a piece of bread (40g - 1 1/2 ounce).
- - Remember that sea bream is a low-fat fish.
- - Fiber per serving: only 0.7 grams
What's the right wine for " Orata con le olive " ?
I suggest you to match Regaleali (white wine from Sicily - Italy) to your sea bream fillets with olives.
Greetings from Italy!
If you want to combine this dish with other ones for a complete menu, consult our "Members-only Area".blog comments powered by Disqus