Salmone alla scandinava
Salmon, Scandinavian style Traditional recipe
Salmon, Scandinavian style is a simple recipe, but it requires at least 5 days for its preparation, time necessary for marinating this fish with salt, sugar and dill. The recipe doesn't require cooking and can be prepared throughout the year as salmon is available all year long.
Ingredients / Serves 6 - 8
- 600g (1 1/3 pound) salmon fillet in a piece
- Table salt
- Granulated sugar
- Black pepper grains
- Dill leaves
preparation: 20 minutes
plus marinating time
cooking: no required
total: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: n.c. (kcal) - n.c. (kJ)
Protein: n.c. (g)
Total fat: n.c. (g)
Total carbohydrate: n.c. (g)
Sugars: n.c. (g)
Download free PDF version (126 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for salmon, Scandinavian style
- - Remove skin and bones from salmon fillet.
- - Mix sugar and salt in equal parties and rub fish surface with this mixture so that your salmon can absorb most of it.
- - Arrange salmon fillet on a serving dish, sprinkle with pepper and dill leaves, cover with film, put a weight over and place in the fridge.
- - Let your fish marinate for 5 days, turning over your fillet more times a day and substituting dill leaves when they are damaged.
Just before serving
- - At this point you can cut salmon fillet into thin slices.
Serve them accompanied by butter and rye bread.
- - The essential condition to prepare salmon, Scandinavian style is that your fish is very fresh.
- - Salmon, Scandivian style is a tasty dish with few ingredients, ideal for summer when everyone likes eating light and cool dishes.
- - But you can serve it as appetizer in a full menu for your special occasions or as a course in a meal, buffet-style all year round.
- - It's perfect for your family cold dinners in summer too.
- - It is impossible to calculate nutrition facts of salmon, Scandinavian style for the amount of sugar can vary very much.
If you want to count calories, you have to know that a tablespoon of sugar has 71 calories, 17.9 grams of carbo and, obviously, the same amount of simple sugar.
While 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) of fresh salmon contains 185 calories and 12.0 grams of fat.
What's the right wine for " Salmon, Scandinavian style "?
My husband and I always pair Sauvignon of Alto Adige (white wine from Trentino-Alto Adige) to salmon, Scandinavian style.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1