Carpaccio di salmone
Salmon carpaccio Authentic Italian recipe
Salmon carpaccio is a tasty recipe. It is based on raw marinated paper-thin slices of salmon fillet. Cooking isn't necessary. You can serve it as antipasto (Italian starter) or main dish. It's a so refined dish to be prepared for a celebration menu or a meal, buffet-style. Ideal for those who want to eat raw light food. Just watch the freshness of salmon. Use in the day.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 600g (1.3 pound) salmon fillet
- 2 lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper, if you like
preparation: 20 minutes
plus marinating time
cooking: no cooking required
total: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 300 (kcal) 15 % GDA (*) - 1256 (kJ)
Protein: 25.4 (g) 34 % GDA
Total fat: 21.6 (g) 31 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 1.4 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 1.4 (g) 2 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (114 download).
Salmon carpaccio recipe
- - Choose very fresh salmon fillet and prepare your recipe in the same day.
- - Remove skin and bones from salmon.
- - Cut it into paper-thin slices and arrange them in a large serving plate.
- - Sprinkle them with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Let them marinate for 15 - 20 minutes or more according to your taste.
Just before serving
- - At this point drain every slice and put in another serving plate.
- - Dress your salmon slices with olive oil and serve.
- - If you prefer, you can prepare a cold sauce made with 2 teaspoons mustard and 200ml (6 3/4 fluid ounces) single cream (light cream) and dress your salmon with this sauce instead of olive oil.
- - Want to know a trick to get perfect carpaccio slices? Cut salmon into slices. No matter if they're also too thick.
Place them between two sheets of film and beat slightly ... Success is guaranteed ;)
I saw this technique at Genoa during SlowFish fair (2009). A fisherman taught me and my husband to prepare our carpaccio so.
- - It's a cold dish. You can serve it as a second course or antipasto (in this case it serves at least 8 people) or in a meal, buffet-style.
- - Very often served between appetizer and main dish to break too strong tastes in Italy.
- - But please, if you want to serve salmon carpaccio in a full menu with guests you have to be absolutely sure to serve fresh fish.
If you have even the slightest doubt, I suggest you choose the more reassuring smoked salmon ;)
Useful links for this recipe
- - As you can see reading nutrition facts of salmon carpaccio eating it does not pose serious problems.
The portion that I use, 150g (5 1/3 ounces), is satiating and is within the guidelines for healthy eating.
What I recommend you, as usual, however, is to vary your menu by choosing different fish from time to time and favoring blue fish.
- - Salmon is a fatty fish but it is particularly rich in omega-3 fatty acids even if, for example, mackerel contains more omega-3 and it is cheaper too.
- - The value of cholesterol in salmon varies from 35 mg/100 grams of edible portion in fresh salmon to 50 mg in smoked salmon
- - Another thing importnt to know: salmon is in the Red List fish made by Greenpeace.
What's the right wine for " Salmon carpaccio " ?
My husband and I generally pair Pinot Bianco of Alto Adige (white wine from Trentino - Italy) if we serve salmon carpaccio without sauce, Pinot Grigio of Trentino if our carpaccio has sauce on top.
Rating: 2/ vote cast: