Tuna, Alghero-style Authentic Italian recipe
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 2 slices (400 g - 14 1/4oz) fresh tuna
- 1 medium size (70 g - 2 1/2oz) carrot , peeled and chopped
- 70 g (2 1/2oz) young fresh onion, chopped
- 40 g (1 1/2oz) celery, chopped
- 1 dried bay leaves, crumbled
- 150 ml (5 1/4fl oz - 3/4 C) white wine
- 40 g (1 1/2oz) stoned black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: 30 minnutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 450 (kcal) 23 % GDA (*)- 1885 (kJ)
Protein: 40.2 (g) 81 % GDA
Total fat: 29.7 (g) 43 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 6.0 (g) 3 % GDA
Sugars: 6.0 (g) 7 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (127 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Put the onion, carrot, celery and bay leave in a non-stick frying pan together with the olive oil. Let all the ingredients fry on a low flame. Then add the slices of tuna, black olives, wine and a pinch of salt. Keep on cooking until the cooking juice is well retired (about 20 minutes). Add hot water only if necessary.
Serve hot or warm with some slices of lemon.
- - You have the best result if you use Vermentino di Sardegna to cook the fish too!
What's the right wine for " Tuna, Alghero-style "?
Our suggestion is: Vermentino di Sardegna (white wine from Sardinia).
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1