Zuppetta di pesce senza spine
Fish soup without bones Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 1 ray wing
- 200 g (7 oz) cuttlefish, cut into strips
- 200 g (7 oz) cod fillets, cut into big pieces
- 400 ml (14 fl oz - 1 3/4 C) puréed tomatoes
- 1 fresh young onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 4 tablesponns extra virgin olive oil
- A glass of white wine
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: about 60 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: XX (kcal) - XX (kJ)
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
Download free PDF version (119 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Put the puréed tomatoes, onion, all the aromatic herbs, wine, cuttlefish and a glass of water in a saucepan.
Cook on a medium heat, half-covered, stirring now and then. Add other boiling water only if necessary.
When the cuttlefish is tender (after 40-50 minutes) and the cooking juice is almost retired, add the ray wing.
Season to taste with salt. After few minutes add the cod too; finish cooking within few minutes. These kinds of fish cook quickly. The cooking juice must become rather thick.
Switch off the gas, add the olive oil and stir with delicacy. Your dish is ready!
- - The ray cooks quickly and its meat comes off the cartilaginous spines in the wings easily, so this recipe is suitable for your children or for people who don’t like bones! Besides it’s juice is very tasty and you can clean your plate with some bread (in Italian we use to say: "fare scarpetta")
- - If you like, you can sprinkle with some parsley, finely chopped, before serving.
- - This recipe is delicate but tasty, low fat but nourishing.
What's the right wine for " Fish soup without bones "?
Our suggestion is: Verduzzo Friulano Isonzo (white wine from Friuli - Italy).
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1