Calamari farro e piselli
Squids with peas and emmer Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 4 squids
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) emmer
- 450 g (1 lb) frozen peas
- 400 g (14 oz) puréed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 teaspoons dried bay leaves
- 2 young fresh onions
- A glass of white wine
- A glass of cold water
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Chilli pepper, if you like
preparation: 10 minutes plus fish
cooking: about 60 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: XX (kcal) - XX (kJ)
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
Download free PDF version (142 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Clean squids and wash them very well; cut them into rings. Clean, wash and chop onions finely. Wash under running
water emmer and drain .
Put all the ingredients but emmer, peas and oil in a large saucepan; season to taste with salt, stir with a wooden spoon and begin cooking over a medium heat, half-covered, stirring now and then. Add emmer after 20 minutes. Keep on cooking, stirring now and then, for about 30-40 minutes; add other hot water only if necessary.
Meanwhile thaw frozen peas following the instructions written in the package. Put them apart. Add them to the soup ten minutes before the end of cooking. Season to taste with salt and continue cooking until fish is tender and cooking juice is well retired.
When you switch off the gas, add extra virgin olive oil, stir and let your soup rest for about 10 minutes. The dish is ready.
- - You can also use frozen squids. In this case you have to thaw them at room temperature before preparing the soup.
- - It's a tasty one-plate meal. You can complete the meal with fresh fruit.
- - You can make it all year.
What's the right wine for " Squids with peas and emmer "?
Our suggestion is: Tolegro Rosato (rosé wine from Calabria - Italy) or Bianco di Pitigliano (white wine from Tuscany - Italy)
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1