Sauté di vongole
Stewed clams Authentic Italian recipe
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 2 kg (4 1/2 lb) clams
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- A bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 12 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Chili pepper
preparation: few minutes
cooking: 15 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: XX (kcal) - XX (kJ)
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
Download free PDF version (112 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Wash the clams in salt water many times.
Pour the olive oil in a large pan together with 2 garlic cloves and chili pepper. Fry lightly over low heat for few minutes, take away the cloves of garlic and put the clams in the pan. Raise the flame, cover the pan and cook until the shells open. Move your pan now and then in order the heat can spread uniformly. Switch off the gas, take away the clams with the skimming ladle and filter the sauce through a towel in order to remove the sand.
Put again the filtered sauce and clams into the pan together with the remaining garlic clove and parsley. Let all flavour for few minutes over a medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, and serve immediately.
- - Don't use salt in this recipe because the clams are already salty.
- - It's a tasty appetizer with which you can open a meal based on fish.
- - If you serve it as a second course, remember that it serve less people.
- - Remember to put a plate on the table for the empty shells and that your guests will get their hands dirty and so it would be better to put some little bowl full of water on the table too.
- - If you want to know more on the mollusks, how to clean and cook them, consult our cookery school.
What's the right wine for " Stewed clams "?
Our suggestion is: a good white wine.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1