Zuppa con polpo e cavolo cinese
Octopus and Chinese cabbage soup Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 1.200 kg (2 2/3 lb) fresh octopus
- 500 g (1.1 lb) Chinese cabbage
- 500 g (1.1 lb) potatoes
- 400 g (14 oz) puréed tomatoes
- 30 g (1 oz) shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 40 minutes
cooking: 90 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: XX (kcal) - XX (kJ)
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
Download free PDF version (100 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Bring plenty of salted water to the boil. Add the octopus and cook it for about 40 minutes since the water begins boiling again. Let it cool in the cooking water. Then peel it and cut into pieces.
Clean, wash and steam the Chinese cabbage. Let it cool and cut into thin strips.
Steam the potatoes, peel them and cut into pieces.
Saute the shallot in the olive oil, add the octopus and let it fry lightly on a medium heat for a couple of minutes stirring continuously. Add the puréed tomatoes, aromatic herbs, Chinese cabbage and 200 ml (7 fl oz - 3/4 C) of hot water. Bring to the boil, lower the heat and keep on cooking, half-covered for about 20 minutes, stirring now and then. Add the potato pieces 5 minutes before switching off the gas and season to taste with salt.
Wait 5 minutes before serving.
- - You can also use frozen octopus if you don't find the fresh mollusc.
- - Serve it with toast bread.
What's the right wine for " Octopus and Chinese cabbage soup "?
Our suggestion is: white wine such as Vermentino from Liguria or Sardinia
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1