Mozzarelline con pomodorini
Cherry tomatoes & mozzarella Our original home cooking
This salad of cherry mozzarella and cherry tomatoes is another way to make a Caprese. Instead of slicing cheese and ripe tomatoes in a bowl, I join the small sizes of both. The time is the same but it seems to eat anything else. I also find it very useful when I make this recipe for a meal, buffet-style. Each guest can serve himself more easily with a spoon. Recipe for theMediterranean diet.
Ingredients / Serves 3
- 200g (7 ounces) cherry mozzarella
- 400g (14 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Hot chilli olive oil (if liked)
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: not required
total time: 10 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 254 (kcal) 13 % GDA (*)- 1063 (kJ)
Protein: 13.8 (g) 28 % GDA
Total fat: 19.9 (g) 29 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 5.1 (g) 2 % GDA
Sugars: 5.1 (g) 6 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (128 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Cherry tomato and mozzarella salad recipe
- - Wash cherry tomatoes under running water and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- - Put them in a bowl together with cherry mozzarella, chives, olive oil and, if you like it, 2 teaspoons hot chilli pepper-flavored olive oil.
- - Season to taste with salt and stir.
Just before serving
- - Your dish is ready to be served!
- - You should not prepare this summer salad in advance to avoid the mozzarella emit water. At most, you can prepare it in advance, chill and add the mozzarella cheese just before serving. I do so preparing a buffet dinner party.
- - It's a good one-plate meal. You can accompany it with a seasonal salad or boiled vegetables such as spinach. Obviously you have to serve it with some good bread.
- - But it is excellent in a meal, buffet-style too or as a starter to open a full menu. In these cases it serves more people.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Interested in the authentic recipe for Caprese salad too?
- - If the doses are observed, this cherry tomato and mozzarella dish is well balanced but consider that you have to be careful about the amount of mozzarella. In fact mozzarella can have a fat content equal if not greater than 20 grams and the higher the fats are the higher the calories are. So ... watch out!
- - Fiber per serving: 2.7 grams (suggested daily intake is 30 grams)
What's the right wine for " Cherry tomatoes & mozzarella "?
Pair a white wine to this summer salad with tomatoes and mozzarella such as Franciacorta (white wine from Lombardy).
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1