Impasto pizza con lievito secco
Pizza dough with active dried yeast Authentic Italian recipe
Pizza dough with active dry yeast. The procedure for preparing it is very similar to the one that sees the use of fresh yeast. A positive aspect is that you can think of making pizza whenever you want as long as you have this kind of yeast at home. The only variation is that this yeast must be dissolved in half a glass of warm water (30°C) with salt and sugar too, before adding it to the flour.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 500g (1.1 pounds) all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 7g (1/4 ounce) active dried yeast
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 300ml (10 fluid ounces - 1 1/3 cup) warm water
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
preparation: 20 minutes
plus rising time
cooking: 20 minutes
total time: 40 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 525 (kcal) 27 % GDA (*)- 2196 (kJ)
Protein: 13.8 (g) 28 % GDA
Total fat: 10.9 (g) 16 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 99.2 (g) 37 % GDA
Sugars: 4.6 (g) 6 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (174 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for pizza dough with active dried yeast
- - Melt yeast in half a glass of warm water (30°C - about 80°F) with salt and sugar too.
- - Put flour in a bowl or on a work surface.
Make a well in the center and pour in melted yeast with its water and then olive oil.
- - At this point, draw in flour from the edge of the well, slowly, stirring and adding other warm water gradually, until a soft dough forms.
It's difficult to say how much water you need. The quantity can vary every time. It depends on the flour, on the temperature and on other variables.
In some cases you'll have to add much more water. Or you'll have to add further flour if your dough is very sticky.
But don't worry! You'll become very good in a short time. You only need to try a few times.
Knead your dough on the floured work surface until smooth and elastic and there is no trace of dough on your fingers, about 10 minutes.
- - Shape your dough into a ball.
Cover with a napkin and let it rest until it doubles in size in a warm place, faraway from draughts, at least 2 hours or more.
- - If it is cold, you can put a bowl full of hot water under the dish with your pizza dough and change it when water becomes colder.
Another tip is to place your pizza dough directly in the oven with the pilot light lit.
- - In Italy there is also an instant dry yeast that must be added to flour before pouring in liquids. You have to bake in a hot oven immediately, and then pizza rises in oven.
I have very rarely used it because it does not convince me. I prefer to control the time for rising and thickness of my pizza ;))
- - Cooking time is referred to the complete recipe for pizza with its topping.
- - For pizza topping ideas consult the other recipes of this directory. It's easy to browse. Have a look under the navigation bar!
Rating: 4 / vote cast: 2