Pizza capricciosa recipe Authentic Italian recipe
I usually garnish pizza capricciosa with green and black olives, artichokes, mushrooms in olive oil and the inevitable tomato and mozzarella. Do you like it? My husband and I find it delicious and often prepare it in summer. The ingredients of pizza capricciosa can vary greatly from place to place in Italy. You can do it with cotto ham, mushrooms and artichokes, or with artichokes, mushrooms and mussels or with what your imagination suggests. Recipe for mediterranean diet.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 4 servings pizza dough
- For the topping
- 400g (14 ounces) puréed tomatoes (passata)
- 60g (2.1 ounces) white mushrooms in oil (champignons)
- 60g (2.1 ounces) green olives, stoned
- 60 g (2.1 ounces) black olives, stoned
- 10 artichokes in oil
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 30 minutes
plus leavening time
cooking: 20-25 minutes
total time: 55 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 807 (kcal) 41 % GDA (*)- 3375 (kJ)
Protein: 31.7 (g) 64 % GDA
Total fat: 28.8 (g) 42 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 111.6 (g) 42 % GDA
Sugars: 12.2 (g) 14 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (164 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Capricciosa pizza recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare pizza dough with 500g (2.2 pounds) all-purpose flour, following your recipe or my directions. You can find the link to our pizza directory below.
- - When your dough has risen, divide it into four pieces and roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface.
You can have the shape you want: rectangular or round.
This amount of dough is enough for four 30cm (12in) round baking sheets if you like crunchy pizza but if you prefer soft pizza, use only two baking sheets.
Oil your baking sheets with 2 teaspoons olive oil and sprinkle with all purpose flour.
Transfer every portion of dough to a baking sheet.
I have the habit to roll out my pizza dough directly in the baking sheet with my hands.
- - Prepare tomato sauce mixing puréed tomatoes with remaining olive oil and season to taste with salt.
Distribute tomato sauce on pizza surfaces leaving at least 0.5in (1 cm) of free edge.
Allow to leaven in a warm place, about 20 minutes .
- - Meanwhile ...
... preheat oven to 220°C (425°F)
Prepare all other ingredients.
Halve artichokes, olives and mushrooms, cube mozzarella cheese.
- - Bake pizzas, about 15 minutes.
- - Remove baking sheets from the oven and arrange olives, mushrooms, artichokes and at last mozzarella cheese on every pizza top.
- - Bake again, about 5 minutes.
Cooking times are indicative; everyone can adjust them to his oven.
Just before serving
- - Serve your capricciosa pizza hot.
- - When I prepare tomato sauce, I add 2 to 3 tablespoons dried or fresh chives to have a better taste.
- - A secret to distribute well mozzarella is to grate this cheese with large hole grater.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Follow the link for pizza directory if interested.
- - Pizza dough is made according to my recipe with milk so I can decrease total fat and calories.
- - Calories and other nutritional values are not a joke like all other pizzas. Think about it when you organize the other meals in the day.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 2