Pizza al prosciutto
Cotto ham pizza Our original home cooking
Pizza topped with cotto ham is really very simple. Just do a common pizza with tomato sauce and mozzarella and then lay some slices of ham once you remove it from the oven. A variation is to add a bit of arugula. Pizza rich in calories but very good. For once, it's worth! What do you say?
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 4 servings pizza dough
- For the topping
- 400g (14 ounces) puréed tomatoes (passata)
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- 200g (7 ounces) cotto ham, in thin slices
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 10 minutes
plus pizza dough kneading and rising
cooking: 20 to 25 minutes
total time: 35 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 913 (kcal) 46 % GDA (*)- 3822 (kJ)
Protein: 40.4 (g) 81 % GDA
Total fat: 39.1 (g) 56 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 106.6 (g) 40 % GDA
Sugars: 11.9 (g) 14 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (142 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Cotto ham pizza recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare pizza dough.
Consult our page to read authentic Italian recipes with different flours and yeasts.
Learn how to make the original pizza from Italy. Link below!
- - Let it rise in a warm place until doubled.
- - Then divide it in 4 pieces and roll them out, on a lightly floured surface.
At this point transfer everyone into a 30cm (12in) round baking sheet if you like crunchy pizza.
If you prefer a thicker pizza, you have to divide your leavened dough into only 2 pieces and 2 baking pans.
Remember to grease your baking sheets with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with flour before transfering pizza dough.
- - Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- - Prepare tomato sauce.
Mix puréed tomatoes with remaining oil and chives.
Season to taste with salt and stir very well.
- - Spoon your tomato sauce to within 1/2 inch (1.2cm) of the rim.
- - Bake all pizzas, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- - Meanwhile ...
... cube mozzarella.
- - Remove baking sheets from the oven and distribute cubed mozzarella cheese.
Bake again until all cheese is well melted, about 5 minutes.
Cooking times are indicative; everyone must adjust them to his oven.
Just before serving
- - Remove baking sheets from the oven.
Arrange cotto ham slices on the top.
Transfer every pizza on the serving platter.
Serve at once!
- - You can place your baking sheets again in the hot oven after topping your pizzas with cotto slices but only for a minute.
- - You can also add arugula on cotto slices.
- - Another tip of mine: grate mozzarella cheese. So you can spread it better and use it less
Useful links for this recipe
- - As promised, here's the link to pizza directory.
- - This is not the pizza with the highest number of calories we do in Italy.
But if you schedule it in your family menu, try to balance the other meals of the day.
The most vegetarian options as possible to control your nutritional intake. But what is important is undoubtedly the physical activity that contributes to balance it.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1