Pizza con patate
Pizza with potatoes Our original home cooking
This kind of pizza is not topped with tomato sauce. It's the reason why it's rich in calories. In fact you have to use more olive oil but it is very good!
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 4 servings pizza dough
- For the topping
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- 6 potatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 10 minutes
plus time for pizza dough
cooking: about 60 minutes
total time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 924 (kcal) 47 % GDA (*)- 3864 (kJ)
Protein: 33.8 (g) 68 % GDA
Total fat: 25.7 (g) 37 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 148.4 (g) 55 % GDA
Sugars: 9.9 (g) 11 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (125 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for pizza topped with potatoes
Preparation and cooking
- - Do you know how we Italians make pizza dough?
If you want to make pizza at home, follow the link below!
You'll be able to find a lot of recipes including a step-by-step directions with many photos.
- - During the resting time prepare potatoes.
Peel, wash and pat dry them with absorbent kitchen paper.
Slice them finely crossways.
Put potato slices in a non-stick frying pan together with 2 tablespoons olive oil and rosemary.
Season to taste with salt and cook over a low heat until tender.
Stir frequently but with delicacy with a wooden spoon.
- - Once your pizza dough has risen, divide it into four pieces and roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface.
You can obtain the shape you want: rectangular or round. This amount of dough is enough for four 30cm (12in) round baking sheets if you like crunchy pizza but if you prefer thick pizza use only two baking sheets.
Remember to grease all baking sheets with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with all-purpose flour before transfering every portion of dough to a baking sheet.
- - Arrange potatoes on the top and let pizzas rise again about 30 to 40 minutes in a warm place.
- - Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- - Bake your pizzas, about 15 minutes.
- - Meanwhile ...
... cube mozzarella cheese.
- - Remove baking sheets from the oven and distribute mozzarella cheese over the top.
Bake again, another 5 minutes.
Cooking times are indicative.
Just before serving
- - Transfer every pizza on the plate and serve hot immediately.
- - In these years, I have experienced that it's better to grate mozzarella instead of cubing or slicing it.
I can spread it uniformly on the top and, first of all, use less to decrease total fat and calories.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here's our page dedicated to pizza. Take a look for pizza dough recipes or other toppings.
- - This type of pizza has calories higher than the average for two reasons. The greater amount of oil and potatoes.
I remind you that the principles of healthy eating suggest not to combine flour and potatoes, both source of starch. So it's better to prepare it rarely!
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1