Pizza con carciofi
Pizza with artichokes Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 2
- Pizza dough for 2 people
- For the topping
- 450 g (1 lb) frozen artichokes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 dried bay leave, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 125 g (4 1/2 oz) mozzarella cheese, grated
preparation: 20 minutes
plus time for pizza dough rising
cooking: about 40 minutes
total time: 60 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 893 (kcal) 45 % GDA (*)- 3734 (kJ)
Protein: 34.7 (g) 70 % GDA
Total fat: 38.6 (g) 56 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 108.1 (g) 41 % GDA
Sugars: 12.2 (g) 14 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (110 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Prepare the dough but remember to halve the doses if you follow our instructions. If you choose our dough you have less fat and calories. We calculated the nutrition facts according to our dough recipe.
Leave the dough to rise in a warm place and wait it doubles.
While the dough is rising cook the artichokes. If you have chosen sliced frozen artichokes you can cook them without thawing. On the contrary let them thaw a little in order to slice. Put two tablespoons of olive oil in a pan together with the aromatic herbs and a little of water. Bring to the boil and add the frozen artichokes. Season to taste with salt and keep on cooking until tender and the cooking juice is well retired, stirring now and then.
When the dough has risen, divide it into 2 pieces and, on a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece. You can obtain the shape you want: rectangular or round. The doses are enough for two 30 cm (12in) round baking sheets if you like crunchy pizza but if you prefer soft pizza use only one baking sheet.
Oil the baking sheets with one tablespoon of olive oil. Transfer every portion of dough to a baking sheet.
Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Oil the pizza surface with the remaining oil and spoon the artichokes. Bake the pizzas for about 10-15 minutes, then remove them from the oven and arrange the grated mozzarella cheese over the top. Bake again for about 5 minutes.
Cooking times are indicative; everyone can adjust them to his oven.
Look at the photo for more details.
Serve hot or warm.
- - In winter and spring you can use fresh artichokes (about 1 kg -2,2 lb).
- - You can use a mature cheese such as Emmentha or Asiago. Grate them on the top instead of mozzarella. Another choice could be smoked provola: cut it into very thin slices and put them on top instead of mozzarella.
- - Use a garlic clove cooking artichokes, if you like it.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 2