Pizza topped with tomatoes and garlic Traditional recipe from Naples
This is the simplest pizza recipe in Italy. It is a Neapolitan pizza, well known all over the world. Typical recipe for Mediterranean diet. Remember that the best is to prepare a thin crust pizza dough.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 4 servings pizza dough
- For the topping
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500g (1.1 pounds) fresh but ripe tomatoes
- Table salt
preparation: 20 minutes
plus pizza dough kneading and rising
cooking: 20 minutes
total time: 40 minutes
medium difficulty recipe
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 629 (kcal) 32 % GDA (*)- 2631 (kJ)
Protein: 15.0 (g) 30 % GDA
Total fat: 21.1 (g) 31 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 101.0 (g) 38 % GDA
Sugars: 6.5 (g) 8 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (68 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Garlic and tomato pizza recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare pizza dough following your favorite recipe.
If you want, you can consult our recipes. Link below!
- - Meanwhile ...
... prepare fresh tomatoes.
You have to wash, pat dry, peel and quarter them.
Then remove their seeds and then cut them into thin strips.
Put them apart.
- - When your pizza dough is at least doubled, divide it into 4 pieces to line 4 round baking sheets whose diameter must be 30cm (about 12in).
Remember to grease all sheets with 2 teaspoons olive oil and sprinkle with all-purpose flour.
- - Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- - Arrange tomatoes on the top.
- - Peel some garlic cloves and cut them into thin slices.
Place them on the tomatoes.
- - Sprinkle with oregano and salt.
- - Spread remaining olive oil with an oil cruet.
- - Bake until crust isgolden, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Serve your pizzas still hot.
- - When you can not find fresh ripe tomatoes, replace them with canned peeled tomatoes (Italian pelati).
- - If you prefer a thicker pizza, you have to roll out your dough into two baking sheets.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Marinara Pizza is very different from Margherita Pizza. Here's the link to its recipe.
- - Follow the link, if you want to take a look at our recipes for pizza dough or other toppings.
- - Marinara pizza has less calories and fat compared to pizza Margherita thanks to the absence of the mozzarella.
It is therefore a vegan pizza.
- - Fiber per serving: 5.3 grams
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1