Tocco de nuxe - Sugo alle noci
Walnut sauce Authentic Italian recipe
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 500 g (1,1 lb) walnuts
- 10 g (1/2 oz) pine nuts
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Marjoram , if you like
- Pepper, if you like
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: 5 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 324 (kcal) 17 % GDA (*)- 1356 (kJ)
Protein: 5.2 (g) 11 % GDA
Total fat: 33.0 (g) 48 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 1.8 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 1.1 (g) 2 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (148 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
This sauce is used for dressing dumplings, trofie, lasagne, noodles (tagliatelle), flat spaghetti (trenette) and Ligurian pansoti (ravioli).
Clean walnuts and boil kernel for about 5 minutes to make peeling easier. After peeling kernels, put them in a mortar together with pine nuts, garlic, parsley, and marjoram (if you like it). Beat them vigorously until you have an homogeneous mixture and then dilute it adding oil very slowly.
Season to taste with salt and pepper (if you like).
- - If you don't have much time you can buy cleaned walnuts from any good supermarket.
- - We suggest you use fresh chives for people who don't like garlic.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1