Sformato di fagiolini e piselli
Green bean & pea terrine Our original home cooking
This terrine with green beans and peas is a great dish for the whole year when you want to enjoy a low-calorie dish but do not want to miss good taste of food. It's really delicious. In addition to green beans and peas you need eggs, yogurt, leeks, plain breadcrumbs, aromatic herbs, soy sauce and olive oil. You can do this savory cake with frozen products all year round or use fresh peas or green beans when they are in season. Vegetarian recipe.
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) frozen green beans
- 450g (1 pound) frozen peas
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 125ml (4 1/4 fluid ounces) low-fat yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 60g (2.1 ounces) plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 1 hour 40 minutes
total: 2 hours
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 226 (kcal) 12 % GDA (*)- 947 (kJ)
Protein: 10.8 (g) 22 % GDA
Total fat: 7.7 (g) 12 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 20.3 (g) 8 % GDA
Sugars: 6.6 (g) 8 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (30 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for green bean and pea savory cake
Preparation and cooking
- - Steam green beans and peas according to instructions on the package.
- - Put 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan together with leek, green beans, peas, bay leaf and marjoram.
Season to taste with salt and let all your ingredients fry slightly on low heat, stirring frequently, some minutes.
- - Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- - Grease a plumcake mold with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with plain dried breadcrumbs.
- - Remove bay leaf from green bean and pea mixture.
Blend this mixture together with eggs, soy sauce, parsley, chives and yogurt.
Pour it into a bowl and add plain dried breadcrumbs gradually, stirring continuously.
Your mixture must be firm.
At this point verify the amount of salt.
Pour your mixture into the mold, level its surface with a spoon, sprinkle a little of plain dried breadcrumbs.
Bake until the surface is golden, about 40 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Let this savory cake cool and then turn it upside down on a serving plate.
- - Serve warm or cold.
- - Quantity of plain dried breadcrumbs can vary according to a lot of reasons.
- - If you use a silicon mold, you could avoid greasing it definitely or, at least, can not have nasty surprises when you overturn your flan.
- - If you use fresh peas, buy about 1.3kg (about 3 pounds).
You just need a slightly larger amount of fresh green beans, 350g (12 1/3 ounces).
Do not change the various stages of the recipe using fresh green beans and peas.
- - In summer use some sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley and abundant fresh chives.
- - Green bend are also known as string beans, French beans.
- - You can serve this terrine as starter all year round. In a summer meal, combined with salami and fresh fruits. In a winter meal to accompany roast meat.
- - It is also a vegetarian tasty dish for vegetable lovers, surely!
- - It's perfect for a meal, buffet style too. You must always include the presence of vegetarians among your guests ;))
- - You can serve it with a spicy tomato sauce too.
Useful links for this recipe
- - You could be interested in consulting Italian sauces to accompany this dish.
- - As you can see, using vegetarian ingredients and a balanced amount of condiments, calories, fat and sugar are low. As in all recipes, moderation is the lighthouse that must guide us.
In this case you can allow more generous portions than those indicated. In fact they actually refer to your get-togethers.
Rating: 4.5 / vote cast: 2