Funghi in insalata
Mushroom salad Traditional recipe
- 600g (1 1/3 pound) fresh mushrooms
- Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 50g (1 3/4 ounce) Emmental cheese
- Grated truffles, if you like
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: no required
total: 20 minutes
- Nutrition Facts (amount per serving):
Calories: 154 (kCal) 8 % GDA (*) - 643 (kJ)
Protein: 8.9 (g) 12 % GDA
Total fat: 12.3 (g) 18 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 1.8 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 1.8 (g) 2 % GDA
Mushroom salad recipe
- - Prepare mushrooms.
You can't wash mushrooms under running water, they may loose their fragrance.
So you be patient. Clean them removing earth and other impurities with the tip of a knife blade.
Brush off grit and dirt with a toothbrush.
Moisten absorbent kitchen paper and clean them accurately.
Cut them lengthways into very thin slices.
- - Prepare salad.
Cut cheese very thin too, and add to the mushrooms.
Season with olive oil, lemon juice, salt.
Just before serving
- - Your salad must be served at once.
If you like, you can add freshly ground pepper and grated truffles.
- - This salad is very good even if you use champignons or other cultivated mushrooms.
In this case you have to add another cheese, such as Parmesan cut into little pieces.
- - If you don't like cheese, you can't use it.
- - You can't eat this dish the day after, it may be indigestible. So think well of your doses.
- - Look at the photo. In this case mushrooms are combined with Parmesan, walnuts, pine nuts and rocket. Dressing is the same: olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
- - As I said for fried mushrooms, I serve this mushroom salad as starter in an assorted antipasto platter.
This choice guarantees me not to exclude any of my guests from every course.
Keep in mind that not everyone likes mushrooms and especially raw mushrooms.
- - This recipe serve 4 if you prepare it as side dish but it is enough for at least 8 people if served as appetizer.
- - Mushrooms salad is not a dish full of calories.
As I've just written before, however, it may present problems of digestibility.
You should prepare it rarely for this reason unless you digest all right.
- - Fiber per serving: 3.5g (daily intake is 23g)
- - If you are interested in other details about mushrooms read the page we have dedicated to this food.