Frittatine di lenticchie
Mini frittatas wth lentils Our original home cooking
These mini lentil frittatas are a delicious morsel to serve as starter. Tasty to accompany meats, fish, cheese without forgetting vegetables. So it's easy to match them and you'll look great! When I have leftovers of lentil soup in winter I make these mini frittatas as main dish. Another idea to serve them. Vegetarian recipe.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 8 tablespoons lentil soup
- 2 eggs
- Peanut oil for frying
- Salt, if necessary
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: 10 minutes
total: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: n.c. (kcal) - n.c. (kJ)
Protein: n.c. (g)
Total fat: n.c. (g)
Total carbohydrate: n.c. (g)
Sugars: n.c. (g)
Download free PDF version (144 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Lentil mini frittata recipe
preparation and cooking
- - Put 8 tablespoons of lentil soup in a bowl. Link below.
- - Heat abundant peanut oil for frying in a non-stick frying pan.
- - Beat both eggs after adding a pinch of salt.
- - Mix beaten eggs with lentil soup with a wooden spoon very well.
- - Take a little ladle of lentil-and-egg mixture and pour into hot oil.
- - Let the underside (the side immersed in the oil) of each mini frittata coagulate and cook very well before trying to turn it over. Help yourself with two flat-edged spoon to avoid the risk of breaking it.
Just before serving
- - Once cooked, transfer your mini frittata with a skimming ladle on absorbent kitchen paper to remove the fat in excess.
- - Season to taste with salt, if necessary, and serve immediately.
- - Don't fry too many mini frittatas all together. There are two good reasons. You shouldn't be able to follow their cooking well. It's better to leave them a lot of space.
- - The doses are enough to make 2 mini frittatas per head.
- - Read above to know how to serve these mini frittatas with lentils. The picture refers to a particular example: a vegetarian starter, that is an assorted antipasto platter to serve in winter. My mini frittatas are combined with a slice of polenta with caponata on the top, a mini cauliflower flan and a radicchio leaf with vegetarian Russian salad. All links below!
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here's the link to lentil soup!
- - Are you interested in the whole assorted antipasto platter? or prefer the recipe for cauliflower flan or eggplant caponata? I remember you caponata is a typical summer dish and if you want to use it in winter, you have to buy preserved caponata as I made when my husband took this photo. It was an assorted vegetable caponata ;))
- - It's impossible to calculate the nutrition facts of these mini frittatas with lentils. The fried food absorbs a variable amount of oil and, in addition, in this case the amount of lentils can vary.
- - Don't make mini frittatas with lentils too frequently. It 's very tasty but rich in calorie, seriously!
What's the right wine for " Mini frittatas wth lentils "?
As these delicious mini frittatas are combined with other tidbits in an assorted platter, you have to choose a wine that pairs with all your food. Match a rosé or a young red wine with meats or firied fish; a prosecco with boiled, steamed or stew fish; a fresh white wine with vegetables. Read our pages dedicated to Italian wines for other details.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1