Spuma solida di peperoni
Sweet pepper solid mousse Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 10
- 700g (1 1/2 pound) frozen red peppers
- 150g (5 1/3 ounces) low-fat yoghurt
- 24g (1 ounce) gelatin sheets
- 500ml (1 pint- 2 cups) vegetable broth
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
preparation: 30 minutes
plus cooling time
cooking: 15 minutes
total: 45 minutes
medium difficulty recipe
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 27 (kcal) 2 % GDA (*)- 113 (kJ)
Protein: 2.3 (g) 5 % GDA
Total fat: 0.2 (g) 1 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 4.0 (g) 2 % GDA
Sugars: 4.0 (g) 5 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (135 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for bell pepper mousse
Preparation and cooking
- - Thaw sweet peppers in a non-stick frying pan over a very low heat with a little water, chives and a pinch of salt.
Let cooking juice reduce very well.
When they are cold, purée them together with yoghurt in a blender until smooth.
- - Meanwhile soak gelatin sheets in cold water for almost 15-20 minutes and prepare vegetable broth.
Let your stock cool.
- - Squeeze gelatin sheets and melt them in warm broth, stirring.
- - When cold, add broth to pepper-and-yogurt mixture.
- - Line up a plum cake mould with transparent kitchen film and let its edges overlap.
In this way you'll be able to turn out your mousse easily.
- - Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites.
- - Whip egg whites very well until stiff.
- - Fold whipped egg whites into the mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon, in circular movements from the bottom upwards.
- - Pour your mixture into the mould.
Level the surface with a wooden spoon and chill in the refrigerator for almost 6 hours.
Just before serving
- - Turn it out on a serving platter.
- - Your sweet pepper mousse is ready!
- - You have to choose grilled and skinned, frozen red sweet peppers.
- - The best thing would be to prepare bell pepper mousse the day before and let it chill overnight.
- You can serve this mousse in a lot of different ways.
- - It can accompany, as a particular side dish, meat or fish dishes especially in summer when cold dishes are preferred.
- - You can prepare it for a buffet and serve cut into slices. Perfect choice because it's easy to eat.
- - You can cube it and garnish turkey or chicken or fish salads or you can use these cubes for serving chicken galantine.
- - You can also cut it into very thin slices and make tasty canapés.
- - You can pour your mixture into individual little moulds and use the little mousse to garnish gourmet dishes!
- - As you can see reading butrition facts of bell pepper mousse, it is a low-calorie recipe. Besides it's poor in fat and sugars. Ideal foe every diet!
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1