Pea, potato and carrot tart
Crostata con macedonia di verdure
Our original home cooking
This vegetable tart is very suitable if you have to plan a dinner party, a birthday party for your kids too, a meal, buffet style .... You can cook its shell the day before and assemble it just before serving or some hours ahead!
time: 1 hour
calories: 417 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 400g (14 ounces) rich shortcrust pastry for salt preparations
- 3 potatoes
- 1 400g (14 ounces) can vegetables (peas, potatoes, carrots)
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- medium difficulty
- Time: preparation: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
21 % -
Protein: 10.6 (g) 22 % GDA
Total fat: 27.7 (g) 40 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 33.2 (g) 13 % GDA
Sugars: 0.9 (g) 1 % GDA
plus time for rich shortcrust pastry
cooking: 40 minutes
total: 1 hour
Download free PDF version (193 download).
Vegetable tart recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare salt rich shortcrust pastry. Link to my recipe below!
Remember to double its doses.
Let it rest for almost half an hour in a cool place.
- - Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- - Butter a 10-inch round tart tin or a rectangular one.
- - Using a long pasta rolling pin, roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1-2cm (1/2-3/4in).
Line bottom and sides of tart tin with dough.
Prick its bottom with a fork and cover with a piece of baking parchment or foil, larger than tin.
Fill with dried beans or rice.
Bake, 20 to 25 minutes, or until your pastry is set and rim looks dry and just golden.
Remove to a wire rack to cool and then remove paper and weights.
Your pastry shell is now ready for filling.
- - Meanwhile steam 3 medium size potatoes.
When they are still warm, peel and purée them in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Season puréed potatoes with dried herbs, olive oil and salt.
- - Drain canned vegetables very well.
- - Spread 2/3 of potato mixture on the bottom of pastry shell.
Mix remaining part with vegetables, stirring gently.
Arrange potato-and-vegetable mixture on your tart top and garnish with quartered or sliced hard boiled eggs.
Just before serving
- - Your savory tart is ready to serve.
- - I prepare fresh vegetables when I have time. I clean, wash, cube and steam them.
- - As I've just written, this vegetable tart made with carrots, peas and potatoes is a perfect choice for your get-togethers, included party menus for your kids.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here's the recipe for salty short pastry.
- - Calories, fats and sugars are certainly targeted at those who want to prepare this vegetable tart for their everyday menu. As you can see this recipe is not low-calorie and portion is not satisfied. This is why I recommend it only for special occasions.
What's the right wine for " Pea, potato and carrot tart "?
Pair Riviera del Garda Bresciano Chiaretto (wine from Lombardy - Italy) to this vegetable tart. Anyway you have to consider the other courses that complete your menu to make final choice.