Artichoke-and-shrimp savory tart ( Torta salata carciofi e gamberetti )
Our original home cooking
This quiche with artichokes and shrimps is excellent with fresh artichokes and therefore ideal in winter and early spring, during the peak of artichokes. It's an exclusive recipe of mine. Very simple but very good. I use a new technique for cooking artichokes.
time: 1 h 10 minutes
calories: 643 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 4
- Pizza dough (serving 2)
- 1.5kg (3 1/3 pounds) artichokes
- 200g (7 ounces) shelled and frozen shrimps
- 400g (14 ounces) leeks
- 2 oranges
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) orange-flavored liqueur
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- medium difficulty
- Time: preparation: 45 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
33 % -
Protein: 22.2 (g) 45 % GDA
Total fat: 11.3 (g) 17 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 116.3 (g) 44 % GDA
Sugars: 21.0 (g) 24 % GDA
plus leavening time
cooking: 25 minutes
totale: 1 h 10 minutes
Download free PDF version (153 download).
Quiche with artichokes and shrimps recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - You can use a ready-to-bake pizza dough or make pizza dough according to your favorite recipe or following a recipe of mine listed in our pizza page. Link below!
Make the other steps of this recipe while your dough is leavening.
- - Thaw shrimps. They should be ready, marinating included, when your artichokes are cooked.
- - Clean, wash and chop leeks.
Put leeks in a non-stick frying pan together with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and bay leaf.
- - Clean artichokes and cut them into thin slices.
If you're fast enough, you can help but putting them in water acidulated with lemon juice.
If not, do it.
- - Meanwhile you're cleaning the latest artichokes, saute leek on very low heat.
Stir frequently not to brown it.
- - Add artichokes, after draining them very well if dipped in acidulated water.
Let them flavor for few minutes, stirring now and then.
- - Pour in liqueur and stir.
- - Meanwhile squeeze oranges.
- - Once evaporated the liqueur, add 2/3 of orange juice.
Season to taste with salt and bring to a boil.
- - A couple of minute before turning off the stove, add a tablespoon of parsley and a tablespoon of chives.
- - Add hot water or vegetable broth according to your taste only if necessary.
- - It takes about 20 minutes to cook artichokes.
- - Let your cooking liquid reduce very well.
- - Meanwhile ...
... marinate shrimps. Mix 2 teaspoons olive oil with the remaining orange juice and aromatic herbs.
Season to taste with salt and stir very well. Dress shrimps and let them marinade for about an hour.
- - Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- - Grease a baking pan with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with flour.
- - Line the baking pan with your pizza dough.
- - Prick its bottom with a fork.
- - Spoon your artichoke mixture.
Level its surface.
- - Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the dough is golden.
- - A couple of minutes before the end of cooking sprinkle marinated shrimps, well drained.
Just before serving
- - Let your quiche rest for few minutes.
- - Slice and serve.
- - The shell of this quiche can be changed as you wish. I made this pizza dough with wholemeal emmer flour. But you can use ready-to-bake pizza dough easily found at the supermarket or puff pastry or salt shortcrust pastry. All ncessary links below!
- - Serve this savory tart cut into thin slices to accompany other fish appetizers. It will be a tasty Italian antipasto in a fish menu. 12 servings in this case.
- - It may be a tasty dinner menu accompanied by other vegetables in season.
- - You could bring it with you to the office for lunch. If you have a microwave, it is better.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here's the link to pizza page in which you can find your favorite recipe easily.
- - If interested, follow the link for shortcrust pastry recipe.
- - Clearly the calories of this artichoke quiche tell us that this can be only one-plate meal if we prepare it for our family menu.
- - Fiber per portion: 12.1 grams (daily intake is 23 grams)
What's the right wine for " Artichoke-and-shrimp savory tart "?
My husband and I generally pair a good beer with this artichoke tart. Pairing a wine with artichoks may be problematic.