Simple beef rolls
Involtini facili facili
Our original home cooking
Beef-and-omelette rolls are easy-to-do, so easy that everybody can make them. Be careful to choose high-quality ingredients.
time: 50 minutes
calories: 319 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 200g (7 ounces) lean beef, cut into very thin slices
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 teaspoons aromatic olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Dry white wine
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
16 % -
Protein: 25.3 (g) 51 % GDA
Total fat: 24.3 (g) 35 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 0.0 (g)
Sugars: 0.0 (g)
total: 50 minutes
Download free PDF version (182 download).
Simple beef roulade recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare one-egg frittata.
Beat your egg with a pinch of salt and dried chives.
Make frittata (omelette) with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- - Prepare roulades.
Spread out beef slices on the work surface.
Season to taste with salt and brush their surface with aromatic oil.
Cut frittata into as many strips as beef slices.
Put every omelette strip on a beef slice.
Roll up and close with a toothpick as you can see in the photo.
- - Cook roulades.
Put your beef rolls and remaining olive oil in a pan.
Let them fry slightly on all sides.
Pour in a little of wine, cover with a lid and continue cooking on low heat, turning now and then, until the meat is tender and cooking juice is well reduced.
You need only few minutes for meat slices are very thin.
Just before serving
- - Serve your beef roulades hot.
- - You will need beef slices are very thin for a tasty dish.
- - Use a rosemary-flavored oil or the oil you have from artichokes or bell peppers or truffle in oil for brushing the beef slices.
- - The filling of these beef rolls is very simple. You can also use a pinch of grated Parmesan too, if liked.
- - Serve simple-to-do beef roulades as second course in a typical Italian-style dinner party with the accompaniment of roast potatoes or seasonal green salad or boiled vegetables.
- - Calories and fat of these roulades make us reflect on the ingredients for a recipe. It is different to eat a simple beef slice or a beef slice with a filling. In this case frittata requires a greater amount of olive oil and here it is the reason why nutrition facts increase.
What's the right wine for " Simple beef rolls "?
Pair to beef roulades Corvo rosso, an Italian red wine from Sicily.