Cacio e pepe spaghetti recipe ( Spaghetti cacio e pepe )
Cacio e pepe spaghetti, that is spaghetti tossed with ground Pecorino and pepper, is a delicious dish, really! Only three ingredients for a simple, quick and easy to do recipe, based on cheese. It solves your dinner if you return home late but it can also be the typical midnight spaghetti dish after the theater or cinema to enjoy with friends! Vegetarian recipe from Rome you can do all year long.
time: 35 minutes
calories: 476 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 400g (14 ounces) spaghetti
- 120g (4 1/4 ounces) Pecorino Romano, finely grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 15 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
24 % -
Protein: 18.7 (g) 38 % GDA
Total fat: 11.3 (g) 17 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 79.6 (g) 30 % GDA
Sugars: 4.7 (g) 6 % GDA
cooking: 20 minutes
total: 35 minutes
Download free PDF version (41 download).
Cacio e pepe spaghetti recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Bring to a boil abundant salt water and cook spaghetti al dente stage.
- - Meanwhile ...
... prepare a bowl with cheese and a part of black pepper.
- - Drain spaghetti very well and transfer into the bowl.
Stir accurately to flavor.
Just before serving
- - Sprinkle your spaghetti with other black pepper and serve at once.
- - You could use only a part of Pecorino to season spaghetti and top individual dishes with the remaining cheese just before serving.
- - As you can see in the photo, this kind of spaghetti dish is served in Pecorino frico bowl too.
You need 200g (7 ounces) of Pecorino Romano, grated on the medium holes of a box grater, only to make 4 cheese bowls. So when I prepare them,
I reduce the amount of Pecorino to toss spaghetti. These cheese bowls are edible, crunchy and very, very good!
Here's the recipe for Pecorino Frico Bowls. Heat a 7-inch nonstick skillet on low heat. Distribute a quarter of grated Pecorino cheese on the bottom evenly to form a circle. Only when it starts melting, you can raise the heat. Cook until firm and golden not brown, few minutes. Turn off the stove and remove it with a spatula. Transfer to a bowl immediately and press into bowl to shape. Let cool completely before removing. Repeat with the remaining cheese to make the other three bowls. You can prepare these cheese bowls in advance.
- - Someone add olive oil too but most people prefer only freshly ground cheese and pepper. Test both versions and decide what is your favorite recipe.
- - I remind you that the ideal serving of pasta is 70 to 80 grams (2.5 to 2.8 ounces) but in this case I left unchanged the doses of the traditional recipe.
- - Fiber per serving: 2.7 grams
What's the right wine for " Cacio e pepe spaghetti recipe " ?
I like to match Gewurztraminer to cacio e pepe spaghetti. Other people prefer to pair a still red wine. My husband has no opinion because he does not like cheese ;))