Sausage flavored rigatoni
Rigatoni alla pastora
Authentic Italian recipe
time: 55 minutes
calories: 473 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 280 g (10 oz) Italian rigatoni (short pasta)
- 150 g (5 1/2oz) fresh sausage
- 200 g (7 oz) ricotta cheese
- 40 g (1 1/3oz) grated ewe's cheese (pecorino)
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 15 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
24 % -
Protein: 20.4 (g) 41 % GDA
Total fat: 19.6 (g) 29 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 57.4 (g) 22 % GDA
Sugars: 4.9 (g) 6 % GDA
cooking: 40 minutes
total time: 55 minutes
Download free PDF version (185 download).
In this dish rigatoni are dressed with ricotta melted in sausage fat..
Peel the sausage, crumble its meats and put in a pan with 6-8 tablespoons water. Bring to the boil and cook, half-covered, for about 15 minutes or until crumbled sausage has lost all its fat.
Meanwhile cook rigatoni in a large kettle of boiling salted water according to package directions. Filter the cooking juice of sausage and use for melting ricotta cheese, after sieving it, in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If sausage fat isn't enough for melting ricotta cheese, you can add some tablespoons pasta cooking water. You can use the crumbled sausage for other recipes (for example a sausage omelette).
Drain rigatoni and pour them into the bowl, stir and serve immediately with grated ewe's cheese..
- We didn't modify this recipe, it's impossible to do it. It isn't a low fat dish but it's very taste.
What's the right wine for " Sausage flavored rigatoni "?
Our suggestion is: Lametia Rosso (wine from Calabria).