Pasta salad with green beans & salmon trout
Insalata di pasta con fagiolini e trota
Our original home cooking
Looking for a cold dish recipe ideal for hot summer days? This pasta salad made with typical summer ingredients (green beans and tomatoes) and trout fillets is for you! Besides you will need: short pasta, aromatic herbs (chives, parsley, marjoram) and extra virgin olive oil. It's tasty but delicate. You can prepare it for your family, all included. Pair a white wine as I suggest below. Here's my recipe!
time: 60 minutes
calories: 627 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 3
- 200g (7 ounxes) short Italian pasta such as penne
- 500g (1.1 pound) fresh green beans
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) salmon trout fillets
- 4 fresh ripe red tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
32 % -
Protein: 27.8 (g) 56 % GDA
Total fat: 18.3 (g) 27 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 62.2 (g) 24 % GDA
Sugars: 10.1 (g) 12 % GDA
plus cooling time
cooking: 50 minutes
total time: 60 minutes
Download free PDF version (217 download).
Recipe for pasta salad with green beans and salmon trout
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare green beans.
Clean, wash and steam your green beans.
Then cut them into little pieces as you can see in the photo.
- - Prepare trout fillets.
Steam salmon trout fillets, remove their skin and cut into pieces.
Remember to take away all the bones you can see.
- - Prepare tomatoes.
Wash tomatoes, plunge them in boiling water, 1 minute.
Peel and remove all their seeds and juices.
Chop them finely.
- - Cook pasta and combine with all ingredients.
Cook pasta in abundant salt water al dente stage following the directions on the package.
Meanwhile put trout pieces, green beans, tomatoes and aromatic herbs in a large bowl.
Add olive oil too, season to taste with salt and stir with delicacy.
Drain pasta and run under cold water in order to stop cooking, drain again.
Transfer pasta into the bowl and stir accurately.
Taste with salt only if necessary.
Just before serving
- - Keep your pasta salad in a cool place or in the fridge.
Only in this last case remember to bring back to room temperature before serving (remove your pasta salad from the fridge half an hour to an hour before serving).
- - You can serve this pasta salad as soon as you prepare it or after an hour without chilling it if you don't like pasta salad kept in the fridge. On the contrary you can prepare it in advance, chill and bring it back to room temperature half an hour to an hour before serving.
- - I recommend you to prepare and eat this pasta salad in the same day. In fact the day after it modifies its taste.
- - This pasta salad is a very tasty dish if prepared with fresh ingredients in summer but if you have no time or it's winter you can make it with frozen green beans, smoked trout fillets, canned chopped tomatoes and dried aromatic herbs.
- - I make this pasta salad with a great variety of pasta. The photo you see was takenby my husband when I used emmer pasta.
- - By the way, green beans, French beans or string beans according to you? ;)
- - Past salad with trout fillets and green beans is a tasty one-plate meal but a fantastic idea for a meal, buffet-style too.
- - Pasta salad is a dish rich in ingredients and so it is necessary to calculate the right amount of everything we use not to exceed calories, fat and sugars.
Note the amount of calories, fat and protein and the combination of the ingredients in this vegetable-and-fish pasta salad. It can be only one-plate meal, of course. Complete your meal with fresh seasonal fruit.
I remember you pasta should be eaten preferably at lunch.
Here are the doses per head so you can modify your shopping list according to the number of your guests: 60g (2.1 ounces) pasta, 150 to 200g (5 1/3 to 7 ounces) green beans, 1 to 2 tomatoes even big (don't worry about the amount of vegetables ... it seems to have a fuller plate if there are a lot of vegetables and for those who are eternally hungry it's a good trick, isn't it?), 100g (3 1/2 ounces) fresh trout fillet, aromatic herbs and 2 teaspoons olive oil.
What's the right wine for " Pasta salad with green beans & salmon trout "?
My husband and I suggest you an aromatic white wine such as Muller Thurgau (white wine of Italy - Trentino)