Pasta salad with artichokes and surimi crab sticks ( Pasta fredda carciofi e surimi )
Our original home cooking
Pasta salad with artichokes and surimi crab sticks is easy-to-do recipe, and low-fat-and-low-calorie pasta, ideal for summer days and meal, buffet-style all year. It was an hot day in summer, so a hot day that I had no desire to go to the grocery. So I opened a can of steamed artichohes in slices and chopped some surimi crab stick to dress my pasta. My husband and I enjoyed a lot this cold pasta dish.
time: 25 minutes
calories: 390 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 140g (5 ounces) short pasta you prefer (rotini, penne, macaroni ...)
- 1 400g (14 ounces) can artichokes, sliced
- 90g (3 1/4 ounces) surimi crab sticks
- 1 40g (1 1/2 ounce) young fresh onion
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 10 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
20 % -
Protein: 13.0 (g) 26 % GDA
Total fat: 13.3 (g) 20 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 54.8 (g) 21 % GDA
Sugars: 9.0 (g) 10 % GDA
cooking: 20 minutes
total: 25 minutes
Download free PDF version (162 download).
Recipe for pasta salad with artichokes and surimi
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare all ingredients you have to combine with pasta.
Drain artichokes, slice them into a bowl.
Chop onion and slice surimi too.
Transfer both in the same bowl.
Add aromatic herbs.
Pour in olive oil.
Season to taste with salt and stir.
- - Cook the pasta you've chosen.
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta al dente stage.
Drain your pasta and run under cold water in order to stop cooking, drain again.
- - The last step.
Transfer your pasta into the bowl and stir.
Just before serving
- - Prepare your pasta at least an hour in advance and let all ingredients flavor at room temperature.
- - You can prepare this easy cold pasta in advance; chill until serving but remember to serve it at room temperature for the best taste. It's enough to remove it from the fridge an hour before serving.
- - Look at the photo. The pasta I used is made with kamut flour but you can use the pasta you prefer.
- - This is a very simple-and-quick-to-do pasta salad recipe. A tasty cold dish for your family in summer.
- - This pasta salad is too easy to serve in a buffet or a special occasion, but the fact remains that you could choose it if you have to receive guests that arrive unexpectedly or with little warning. That 's why I always recommend to take home a supply of groceries. It is not recommended to eat canned food according to healthy eating the but there are times when their help becomes invaluable ;))
- - Pasta salad with artichokes and surimi crab sticks has a right amount of calories, fat, protein, carbohydrate. Complete your meal with raw or cooked seasonal vegetable if you are still hungry (dressed with 1 teaspoon of olive oil) and fruit.
I remember you pasta should be eaten preferably at lunch and the calories eaten at lunch should be 500 - 700
Here are the doses per head: 70g (2 1/2 ounces) pasta, 100g (3 1/2 ounces) canned artichokes, 45g (1.6 ounce) surimi crab sticks, aromatic herbs, onion and one teaspoon olive oil.
- - As you can see it's a tomato-free recipe, ideal for people intolerant or alergic to tomatoes.
- - If you want to drink a glass of beer as we suggest below remember you have to add about 34 kcal per 100 ml.
What's the right wine for " Pasta salad with artichokes and surimi crab sticks "?
Our suggestion is to match a glass of good beer with this pasta salad for the presence of artichokes.