Spaghetti alla chitarra with eggs and speck ( Spaghetti alla chitarra con speck )
Our original home cooking
Spaghetti alla chitarra is a type of pasta typical of Abruzzo that is found everywhere in Italy, currently. It can be produced with many different flours. In any case, its square section works well with sauces rich in ingredients (i.e. fabulous lamb ragout) or poorer sauces like this one that reminds carbonara for the presence of eggs and bacon. Quick and easy recipe for the whole year. Pasta without tomato.
time: 35 minutes
calories: 408 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) egg spaghetti alla chitarra
- 80g (2.8 ounces) speck (smoked ham), sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Chili pepper, if you like
- Grated Parmesan, if you like
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 10 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
21 % -
Protein: 19.7 (g) 40 % GDA
Total fat: 20.6 (g) 30 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 35.9 (g) 14 % GDA
Sugars: 2.7 (g) 3 % GDA
cooking: 25 minutes
total time: 35 minutes
Download free PDF version (143 download).
Recipe for spaghetti with bacon and eggs
Preparation and cooking
- - Boil spaghetti alla chitarra in abundant salt water.
- - Meanwhile ...
... prepare ingredients for pasta sauce.
Cut speck (smoked ham) into thin strips.
Put olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
Beat eggs with chives, a pinch of salt and chili pepper, if you like it, in a bowl.
- - Drain pasta very well and transfer into the pan together with speck strips.
Start cooking over a medium heat, stirring well.
As soon as oil is hot, pour in beaten eggs, stir quickly and turn off the stove at once.
Be careful: your eggs must not cook entirely and your sauce must be creamy.
Just before serving
- - Serve immediately.
Accompany with a little bowl full of grated Parmesan.
- - This pasta can not be prepared in advance and can not be heated up.
If you have guests, you can organize yourself by putting everything at your fingertips. A pot full with water on the stove, weighed pasta, cut bacon, measured oil ... It is very quick to do!
- - Use fresh chives every time you can.
- - This egg spaghetti dish is similar to carbonara pasta but it is made with bacon and not with guanciale.
- - Prepare this dish for your family menu or get-togethers with friends and relatives. You can combine it with a lot of meat dishes for a full menu, Italian style.
- - Family menu. Despite its ingredients, this dish of spaghetti alla chitarra is not an Everest of calories and fat. Everything depends on the fact that, being egg pasta, you need a smaller portion then usual and then the other ingredients were weighted very well: 1 egg and only 20 grams of bacon per head. But be careful not to add other courses to this pasta dish unless you choose seasonal vegetables dressed with 1 teaspoon olive oil per head or fruit.
What's the right wine for " Spaghetti alla chitarra with eggs and speck "?
Pair a red wine to this egg spaghetti recipe such as Meranese di Collina or Lago di Caldano (red wines from Trentino - Italy)