Pizza dough with milk ( Pasta per pizza con latte)
Our original home cooking
Pizza dough can be made with olive oil or milk as my paternal grandmother had the habit to do. In this case your pizza will be softer and higher. So I recommend it to all people who do not love a thin crust for their pizza. The amount of yeast is suggested for people in a hurry that have to make pizza dough in quick time. In any case you always need more than an hour and a half to complete leavening. If you can do leavening in two steps, you can reduce yeast dose even less than 10 grams. And the taste of your pizza will be better, much better!!! Believe me!
time: 40 minutes
calories: 464 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 500g (1.1 pounds) all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 25g (1 ounce) fresh yeast (brewer's yeast)
- 300ml (10 fluid ounces - 1 1/3 cups) warm skimmed milk
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 teaspoons granulatedsugar
- medium difficulty
- Time: preparation: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
24 % -
Protein: 16.9 (g) 34 % GDA
Total fat: 1.0 (g) 2 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 103.1 (g) 39 % GDA
Sugars: 8.5 (g) 10 % GDA
plus rising time
cooking: 20 minutes
total time: 40 minutes
Download free PDF version (237 download).
Recipe for pizza dough with milk
- - Warm milk but avoid its temperature is higher than 20°C (68°F)
- - Crumble fresh yeast in some tablespoons of warm milk and dissolve it with your fingers.
- - Put flour in a bowl or on a work surface and make a well in its center.
Pour in yeast with its milk.
- - At this point begin drawing in flour from the edge of the well, slowly, stirring and adding remaining warm milk, little at a time, until a soft dough forms.
Add sugar and salt too, at this time.
It's difficult to say how much milk you need. The quantity can be different every time you make pizza dough. It may depend on many reasons included the weather.
You'll learn when to add much more milk or flour. But don't worry! It does not take a lot of time to learn how to do a pizza crust perfect for you.
- - Continue kneading your pizza dough on the floured work surface until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
Remember the signal you have finished is no trace of pizza dough on your fingers.
- - Shape your pizza dough into a ball, sprinkle with flour and cover with a napkin.
Your pizza dough has to rest until it doubles in size, at least 2 hours.
Choose a warm place, faraway from draughts.
- - If you want, you can prepare this pizza dough with active dried yeast instead of fresh yeast. In this case you have to use 7g (1/4 ounce) active dried yeast and melt it in half a glass of warm milk together with salt and sugar.
Useful links for this recipe
- - I think it would be useful for you to have a look to my recipe for pizza dough with olive oil. At first you can compare nutrition facts, very important if you suffer from any metabolic disorder. Then you can find a lot of tips included how to reduce the amount of yeast with a double leavening.
- - At this point, it is useful to make a comparison between pizza dough with olive oil and milk. Pizza dough with milk has lower calories and total fat. While sugars are higher and this is due to milk.
So the choice between the two pizza crusts is not just a matter of consistency and structure, right?