Rocket & mozzarella pizza ( Pizza con mozzarella e rucola )
Our original home cooking
This pizza topped only with mozzarella cheese and arugula (rocket) without tomato sauce is very simple to do. I make it first of all in spring and summer when arugula is tender and fragrant. Recipe for the Mediterranean diet.
time: 45 minutes
calories: 695 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 4 servings pizza dough
- For the topping
- 250g (8.8 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- 80g (2.8 ounces) arugula
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- medium difficulty
- Time: preparation: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
35 % -
Protein: 29.1 (g) 59 % GDA
Total fat: 20.7 (g) 30 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 104.3 (g) 39 % GDA
Sugars: 9.7 (g) 11 % GDA
plus time for pizza dough
cooking: 25 minutes
total time: 45 minutes
Download free PDF version (152 download).
Arugula and mozzarella pizza recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare pizza dough with 500g (1.1 pounds) Italian 00 flour or all-purpose flour.
Take a look at my recipes I tested in many years, if you want. Link below!
- - Wait for your dough doubles and then divide it into four pieces and roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface.
You can obtain the shape you want: rectangular or round.
This amount of dough is enough for 4 30cm (12in) round baking sheets if you like crunchy pizza.
If you prefer thicker pizza, use only two baking sheets.
- - Grease all baking sheets with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- - Transfer every portion of pizza dough to a baking sheet.
Oil the surface with remaining extra virgin olive oil.
Let them rise another 30 to 40 minutes in a warm place, if you want.
- - Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- - Bake your pizzas, 10 to 15 minutes, according to their thickness.
- - Meanwhile ...
... clean, wash and drain arugula very well and then cut it.
cube mozzarella cheese.
- - Remove all baking sheets from the oven and spread mozzarella cheese on the top.
Bake again until mozzarella melts, for another 5 minutes.
Cooking times are indicative; everyone can adjust them to his oven.
Just before serving
- - Remove all baking sheets from the oven and spread arugula on the surface.
You can serve your pizzas at once or bake again for less than a minute, according to your own taste.
- - In any case, serve your pizzas hot.
- - Generally, I prefer to grate mozzarella cheese. I can spread it more evenly.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here's the link to pizza directory.