Pizza with salami and spinach ( Pizza salame e spinaci )
Our original home cooking
This pizza with salami and spinach is delicious. Not exactly low in calorie but once in a while ... you can close one eye ;) However I calculated its calories and fat for correctness. To realize it I used a soft salami, preserved in fat, which is typical of Novara, the Italian area where my husband and I live. Its name is Salamin d'la duja. You can use a similar salami typical of your area that crumbles well but I recommend you to respect time and steps of cooking, they' re too important!
time: 1 hour
calories: 888 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 2
- Pizza dough made with 250g (8.8 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 80g (2.8 ounces) salami in fat or in oil
- 150g (5 1/3 ounces) frozen spinach
- 4 green olives, stoned and sliced
- Half a sundried tomato, cut into little strips
- A piece of an onion, chopped
- 400g (14 ounces) pureed tomatoes
- 125g (4.4 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- medium difficulty
- Time: preparation: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
45 % -
Protein: 29.9 (g) 60 % GDA
Total fat: 43.3 (g) 62 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 96.9 (g) 36 % GDA
Sugars: 7.2 (g) 8 % GDA
plus the time for the dough
cooking: 40 minutes
total: 1 hour
Download free PDF version (126 download).
Recipe for pizza with salami and spinach
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare your pizza dough.
Read more to know what is the best pizza dough for this recipe below, on "Tips".
- - While your dough is leavening prepare the topping for your pizza.
Cook the spinach still frozen in a little no-stick frying pan together with 2 teaspoons olive oil, olives, onion, sundried tomato and a pinch of salt. Add a little hot water if the spinach would tend to stick to the bottom.
Let all the cooking juice reduce very well.
Turn off the stove and put apart.
- - Dress pureed tomatoes with 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, dried chives and a pinch of salt.
- - Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
Grease two baking sheets (30cm - 12in in diameter) with the remaining olive oil.
Sprinkle with a tablespoon all-purpose flour.
- - Prepare the two pizzas.
Roll out your pizza dough onto the baking sheets.
Remember: your pizzas will be thin.
Spoon the pureed tomatoes and arrange the spinach uniformly on the top.
- - Bake for about 15 minutes.
- - Meanwhile prepare the salami and mozzarella.
Grate the mozzarella cheese.
Peel and crumble the salami you've chosen.
- - When your pizza dough begins coloring remove the baking sheets from the oven.
Sprinkle grated mozzarella uniformly on the top.
- - Bake again until your mozzarella is well melted.
You'll need very few minutes.
Look at the photo for more details.
Just before serving
- - Remove the baking sheets from the oven and distribute the salami pieces directly on the melted mozzarella.
- - Your pizzas are ready!
- - Cooking time depends on your oven. Be careful the first time you test this recipe for pizza.
- - Important note: make your dough only with 250g (8.8 ounces) flour. It serves 2 perfectly. Read more below on "Healthy eating".
You can follow your favorite recipe for pizza dough or choose one of mine you can find in the pizza index. In this case I prepared pizza dough with dried sourdough and emmer flour.
Another choice could be to buy a ready-to-bake pizza dough!
- - Grating mozzarella cheese is important to decrease its amount and therefore decrease calories and fat that are already high in this case !
- - This pizza is tasty if heated, if you are so good to have leftovers ;)
- -The nutritionists recommend combining always the pizza with a seasonal leaf salad to avoid very high glycemic peak.
- - I made this pizza dough with wholemeal emmer flour (80%) and all-purpose flour (20%). Emmer flour is rich in fiber and has a rate of carbohydrates and sugars more limited than all-purpose flour.
- - Even the choice of sourdough is healthy.
- - Generally pizza is always rich in calories and this recipe has calories and total fat superior to those required for a normal meal. Keep this in mind planning the other meals of the day.
It would be wise to eat vegetarian dishes with little fat in the second main meal of the day.
- - Pizza with salami and spinach has 12.1 grams of fiber.
- - I'll be back on the amount of flour. To be able to eat pizza at least once a week or frequently you have to deal with the doses of its ingredients. Several people suggest to prepare pizza dough with double the flour in my recipes. In this case you should add to the already high numbers you've seen something like 425 calories, which would bring the total count to 1313 ... a real Everest! Meditate people ... meditate ;))
What's the right wine for " Pizza with salami and spinach "?
Pair a good beer or white wine to this special pizza according to your own taste.