Egg and butter free tart shell ( Pasta per crostata senza uova e burro)
Our original home cooking
There are many people who can not use butter and eggs. I think of men and women with high blood level of cholesterol or triglycerides who have to follow strict dietary regimen. I think of those who prefer a healthier and natural diet. Thousands of people are on a diet to lose a few pounds. Finally, there are people with allergies to dairy products or eggs. I can make further examples, and my husband and I are among those that I have just listed before. So I leave the most elaborate desserts only when we have guests. But our weekly menu is planned according to precise rules. That is the reason why this dough without eggs and butter was born. I made my friends taste it with positive results.
Ingredients / Serves 12
- 220g (7 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 80g (2.8 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanillina powder
- A pinch baking powder
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons skimmed milk
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 25 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Protein: 2.2 (g)
Total fat: 4.3 (g)
Total carbohydrate: 21.0 (g)
Sugars: 7.2 (g)
plus resting time
cooking: 20 minutes
total: 45 minutes
Download free PDF version ( download).
Egg and butter free tart shell recipe
- - Mix flour with sugar, vanillina and baking powder and place on a work surface.
- - Make a well and pour in olive oil and cold milk.
- - Begin adding flour, from the edge of the well, helping yourself with a fork and then your fingers.
Add other cold milk, if necessary.
- - Let your dough rest, 30 minutes.
- - Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- - Roll out your dough on a lightly floured work surface.
Transfer it on a 15cm (6in) round baking pan.
- - Consult the recipe for cooking time but all depends on recipe method. It will take more or less time if you cook your tart with or without filling.
- - This dough is sufficient for a round cake pan whose diameter is 15 centimeters (12 portions) and in this case the shell is not thin. If you prefer a cake pan with a greater diameter, thickness obviously decreases.
- - I often make this tart shell with emmer flour and I have to modify the amount of milk depending on the flour.
- - You can fill this tart shell with raw or cooked fruit according to your taste. It is very tasty with jam too.
So you can have a lot of different sweets for your breakfast and daily snack, included for your children.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Interested in sweet recipes with this tart shell? read more on cooked fruit tart.
- - Surely, many of you will be surprised reading that a round 15cm (6 inches) pan is for 12 servings. The problem lies in every portion. It must be clear that it is not enough to prepare a dough without butter and eggs to feel safe and with a clear conscience. This choice, for those who must stay on a diet, it is not enough if a 15cm cake is eaten by 4 people. Do you agree?
- - Fiber per serving: 4.3 grams