Frittata (omelette) with black truffles
Frittata con tartufo nero
Traditional Italian recipe
Frittata (omelette) with black truffle is a traditional recipe from the central and southern part of Italy (especially from Umbria) and it's very tasty and simple-to-do. If you use good ingredients the result will be very great. To prepare Italian frittata with black truffle you'll need few ingredients: eggs, black truffles, good-quality olive oil.
time: 10 minutes
calories: 164 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 50 g (1 3/4oz) black truffles
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper, if you like
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 5 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
9 % -
Protein: 7.4 (g) 15 % GDA
Total fat: 14.9 (g) 22 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 0.05 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 0.05 (g) 1 % GDA
plus the time for cleaning truffles
cooking: 5 minutes
total time: 10 minutes
Download free PDF version (192 download).
Prepare the black truffles. If you buy fresh black truffles you need to clean them before. Read more details on the page dedicated to black truffles.
Cook the frittata. Beat the eggs with salt, pepper (if you like) and grated truffles.
Put the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and let it get hot. Pour in the egg mixture, lower the heat and, after 1-2 minutes when the eggs start to set, turn the frittata over.
Don't cook frittata very much; it must be soft.
It's a tit-bit from Italy!
- - Serve it as second course accompanied with a green salad or a tomato salad.
- - If you want to prepare a typical Italian starter (from Umbria) follow our instructions: cut the omelette (in Italian frittata) with truffles into strips and place these strips in a serving dish together with cold cuts and seasoned cheese, honey in a little bowl and Italian bruschetta (grated truffles in oil on toasts).
- - It isn't always easy to find black truffles. My husband and I buy them via internet. We share with you the link to the firm that have good-quality products (Italia Tartufi).
What's the right wine for " Frittata (omelette) with black truffles "?
Our suggestion is: Dolcetto di Dogliani (red wine from Piedmont-Italy)