Spiedini baby ananas e speck
Skewers with baby pineapple and speck ham Our original home cooking
What is the real difference between baby pineapple and pineapple? I find, beyond the fact that baby pineapple is likely to be better hollowed for a spectacular presentation, it is always more mature and fragrant than the "great version". This is the reason why, when I find it, I match to our Italian cold cuts as in these kebabs with speck ham. Particularly suitable for the the Holiday Season.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 1 350g (12 1/3 ounces) baby pineapple
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) speck ham, sliced
- At least 12 skewers, 15cm (6in) long
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: no cooking
total: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 99 (kcal) 5 % GDA (*)- 412 (kJ)
Protein: 7.4 (g) 15 % GDA
Total fat: 5.2 (g) 8 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 5.8 (g) 3 % GDA
Sugars: 5.8 (g) 7 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (75 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for skewers with baby pineapple and speck ham
- - Prepare the pineapple.
Remove the crown and cut off the top and base.
Remove its skin well.
Slice the pineapple.
Remove the tough center portion of each slice.
Cut every slice into 5 - 6 pieces.
- - Prepare the speck ham.
Cut the slices in half, widthwise.
- - Prepare the skewers.
Put a piece of pineapple on a skewer, a half slice of bacon turned several times on itself, then a second piece of pineapple, still half a slice of bacon and close with the last piece of pineapple.
Just before serving
- - Keep in a cool place until the time of serving, but not in the refrigerator.
- - You can pepare these skewers with speck and pineapple an hour ahead.
- - These skewers can also be prepared with normal-size pineapple if mature to perfection and then flavored.
- - In theory, these kebabs can be served at any time of the year. In my opinion they are ideal in winter during Christmas holidays because they help us to dilute the fat of cold cuts and "refresh" our mouth.
But they are also fabulous in spring and summer when you need to plan a picnic outdoors, a refreshment for a ceremony, a buffet for a wedding, an alfresco dinner or a stand-up dinner party.
- - You can match to these skewers canapés, crostini, savory pies, pizzas, piadinas, flat-bread, fried herbs, ascolana olives. So you can have the classical Italian assorted antipasto platter. Go back to Italian cooking page to look for specific directories.
- - I generally don't tell about calories, fat and sugar of appetizers. Appetizers are always something more that enrich our tables on important occasions and important occasions are rare. So there is no need to calculate nutrition facts.
However, this recipe could also be a solution for a family summer dinner, accompanied by other vegetables. What do you think about?
- - Fiber per portion: very few, only 0.6 grams. I remember you our daily intake is 30 grams.
What's the right wine for " Skewers with baby pineapple and speck ham "?
Of course, the wine must be chosen depending on the other courses. But I suggest you combine these skewers with speck ham and pineapple to rosé sangria, especially if you prepare a meal, buffet-style. Or another fruit cocktail or traditional Italian prosecco.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1