Torta salata con verdure per bambini
Vegetable tart topped with ham for kids Our original home cooking
Both children and adults like this pie. You do not feel vegetables under your teeth and so it is ideal to make people who do not like vegetables eat them, especially kids.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- Pizza dough (half dose of my recipe) or 1 200 to 250g (7 to 8 3/4 ounces) pkt ready rolled pie crust
- 450g (1 pound) fresh French beans
- 400g (14 ounces) potatoes
- 125g (4.4 ounces) low-fat yogurt
- 400g (14 ounces) julienne vegetables (carrots, courgettes, celery)
- 80g (2.8 ounces) fresh young onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) raw ham, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: 60 minutes
total: 1 hour 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 663 (kcal) 34 % GDA (*)- 2775 (kJ)
Protein: 19.6 (g) 40 % GDA
Total fat: 25.1 (g) 36 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 75.3 (g) 28 % GDA
Sugars: 7.3 (g) 9 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (144 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for vegetable tart topped with ham for kids
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare pizza dough following our instructions (but remember to halve the doses) or your favourite recipe (you need 250g that is 8 1/2 ounces of all-purpose flour).
- - While pizza dough is leavening prepare tart filling.
Steam potatoes, let them cool and peel.
Clean, wash and steam French beans.
Put potatoes and French beans through a food mill.
Cook julienne vegetables. Put 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and let onions and julienne vegetables saute on very low heat, stirring frequently.
Cook all vegetables until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Mix puréed potatoes and French beans with julienne vegetables and yogurth.
Season to taste with salt and stir accurately.
Your filling is ready!
- - Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- - Grease a 30cm diameter baking sheet or pizza pan with remaining olive oil and sprinkle it with flour.
Roll out your pizza dough on a lightly floured surface and line your baking sheet with it.
Prick dough with a fork and spoon filling inside.
Level its surface and bake until pizza dough is golden, about 15 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Remove baking sheet from the oven, arrange immediately ham slices on the top.
Serve after 5 minutes.
- - You can add a couple of tablespoons of grated Parmesan to the filling and/or substitute yogurth with butter and milk but I always prefer a lighter recipe as I have just described.
- - Use ready rolled pie crust if you have no time to make pizza dough.
- - This vegetable tart topped with ham can be one-plate meal for your family. Serve it with a seasonal green salad and then fresh fruit. In this case it serves less people.
But you can also serve it with assorted salami and cheeses and other vegetable courses.
Another idea: cut it into little pieces. Perfect appetizers! It serves more people.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here's the recipe for pizza dough with fresh yeast.
What's the right wine for " Vegetable tart topped with ham for kids "?
Chardonnay, fine white wine, is perfect to match this vegetable tart topped with raw ham.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1