Torta salata con scampi
Savory tart with scampi Our original home cooking
This savory pie of mine with scampi and shellfish is particularly suitable for special occasions and when you want to impress people who love seafood. To make it, you'll need fresh scampi and scallops. Besides, if you have time, fresh squids too. In the absence of time choose frozen squids. The purists may turn up their mouths but who cooks at home often has to deal with the available time and sometimes cleaning squids is a longish operation. You'll also need spinach to fill your dough shell.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 250g (8 3/4 pounds) puff pastry
- 500g (1.1 pounds) fresh scampi
- 4 fresh scallops, without their shell
- 800g (1 3/4 pounds) fresh squids
- 50g (1 3/4 ounces) red lumpfish roe
- 800g (1 3/4 pounds) boiled spinach, tightly squeezed
- 1 sundried tomato
- 60g (2.1 ounces) onion
- 2 medium size clementines
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 30 minutes
plus cooling time
cooking: 1 hour 30 minute
total: 2 hour
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 543 (kcal) 28 % GDA (*)- 2276 (kJ)
Protein: 39.3 (g) 79 % GDA
Total fat: 24.1 (g) 35 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 42.3 (g) 16 % GDA
Sugars: 9.1 (g) 11 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (111 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for seafood savory tart
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare scampi and their broth.
Shell scampi and prepare a broth with their heads and tail shells.
It's enough to cover all with cold water (more than a liter). I also add one sundried tomato but no onion that I use in a second moment.
Let your broth simmer in order to have half the water.
Let your broth cool and then strain.
- - Prepare shellfish.
Clean and cut squids. Put them apart.
Chop onion and place it in a non-stick frying pan together with olive oil.
Let onion fry slightly on low heat, stirring now and then.
Stir very well, let all flavor and then pour in your scampi broth.
Season to taste with salt and continue cooking, half-covered, until squids are tender.
It's difficult to say the right time. It depends on squid size.
- - Meanwhile ...
... chop spinach.
You'll have to add spinach few minutes before turning off the stove.
Then let your cooking juice reduce very well.
- - Prepare your savory tart.
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
Line a baking pan with oven paper and place puff pastry.
Prick the bottom with a fork and place your spinach and squid filling.
Bake, about 20 minutes.
- - Meanwhile ...
Fry them slightly on both sides, about 5 minutes, in a knob of butter with the juice of two clementines or three if they are small.
Do not reduce all your cooking juice. You'll need it to dilute red lumpfish roe.
Just before serving
- - Remove your baking pan from the oven.
Place scampi on the tart surface. Sprinkle red lumpfish roe, after diluting with scallop cooking juice, and bake again, five minutes.
Once removed from the oven, add scallops too but remember to warm them up.
Your savory tart is ready to be served.
- - I suggest you not to warm up this seafood savory tart.
- - This savory tart can be a delicious one-plate meal if you are a seafood lover. Accompany it with green seasonal salad and fresh fruit.
- - On the contrary it may be a perfect antipasto, Italian style.
Slice it and accompany salmon, tuna or swordfsh carpaccio.
Another idea is to accompany fried artichokes or deep-fried vegetables. In this case it serves 8.
- - It is perfect in your meals, buffet-style fo your Holiday gatherings too.
Useful links for this recipe
- - If you want, you can make this savory tart with pizza dough. Here's the directory where you can find easily your favorite recipe.
- - Follow the links if interested in fried artichokes or deep-fried vegetables.
- - This seafood savory tart has high calories and total fat like all pies rich in ingredients.
Please, note cholesterol does not appear in nutrition facts but it is considerable for lumpfish roe even if diluted in portions.
- - Fiber per serving: 5.8 grams
What's the right wine for " Savory tart with scampi "?
My husband and I like to match Collio Pinot Grigio (white wine from Friuli) to this seafood savory tart but, please, note that prosecco could be another good choice.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1