Torta salata carciofi, asparagi e piselli
Savory tart filled with artchokes, peas and asparagus Our original home cooking
This savory cake is a dish for spring, seen its ingredients: asparagus, peas and artichokes. The combination of these three ingredients is perfect and very often occurs in our traditional cuisine, especially in the south of Italy. I remember the first time I tasted it: a delicious soup that can not be missed on our table in spring. On the contrary I put together peas, asparagus and artichokes in a shell of pizza dough. And I assure you ... congratulations to no end :))
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 2 servings pizza dough
- 800g (1 3/4 pounds) artichokes
- 1000g (2.2 pounds) peas, in their pod
- 1000g (2.2 pounds) asparagus
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) leek
- 2 eggs
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Half a lemon
- 400ml (13 1/2 fluid ounces - 1 2/3 cups) cold water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper, if liked
preparation: 50 minutes
plus leavening time for pizza dough
cooking: 60 minutes
total: 1 hour 50 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 350 (kcal) 18 % GDA (*)- 1463 (kJ)
Protein: 17.1 (g) 35 % GDA
Total fat: 12.7 (g) 19 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 44.4 (g) 17 % GDA
Sugars: 10.1 (g) 12 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (25 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Artichoke-asparagus-pea savory cake recipe
- - Prepare pizza dough using 250g (8 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flou. Follow your favorite recipe or my directions. Link below!
- - Meanwhile your pizza dough is leavening ...
... prepare filling ingredients.
Shell peas and put apart.
Clean asparagus. Peel , if necessary and dice them. Put apart their tips.
Pour water into a bowl and acidulate with lemon juice. Clean artichokes, cut into slices and place in acidulated water.
- - Cook tart filling.
Fry slightly leek and bay leaf in 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, stirring frequently.
Add asparagus and stir to flavor, 2 minutes.
Add peas and stir to flavor, 2 minutes.
Drain artichokes but put apart acidulated water.
Add artichokes too and stir to flavor, 2 minutes.
pour in acidulated water and continue cooking, half-covered, until all cooking liquid is well reduced, about 20 minutes.
Five minutes before turning off the stove add asparagus tips too.
Turn off the stove, season to taste with salt and pepper, add parsley and chives. Stir with delicacy.
Remember vegetables must be crisp because they must be cooked in the oven too.
Let all cool.
- - Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- - Assemble your savory tart.
Grease a round (diameter: 32cm - 12.6in) or rectangular (34 x 28cm - 13.4 x 11in) baking sheet with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with all-purpose flour.
Roll out pizza dough and line the baking sheet. Remember to make a border of at least an inch. Besides I always try to keep apart some pieces of pizza dough for any decor.
Beat eggs with a pinch of salt and add to vegetable mixture. Stir accurately and transfer all into tart shell.
Level the surface.
- - Bake until the dough is golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Let your savory tart rest for some minutes before serving.
- - If you like this combination of legumes and vegetables, you can make this savory tart all year round with frozen ingredients. Obviously you'll have the best result with fresh ingredients.
- - While you are cleaning artichokes, peas and asparagus, you should realize yourself what are the most tender and, if necessary, change the order of cooking. Adjust to the fact that artichokes cook in about twenty minutes. Asparagus require more time and for peas cooking time depends on their size.
- - You can prepare this savory tart in advance and warm it just before serving.
- - If you have no time, use ready-to-bake pizza dough or puff pastry.
- - This savory tart with asparagus, artichokes and peas is long to do and elaborated. So I suggest it for a special event menu that is when you have to celebrate at home.
- - Think of it when you have to plan a meal, buffet style.
- - Choose it as starter in a full menu, Italian style. It accompanies well assorted salami or seafood dishes.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here it is the link to pizza page where you'll be able to find a lot of recipes for pizza dough with different flours and yeasts.
- - Calories, protein, carbohydrates and fats seem to be well balanced but, as usual, much depends on serving size and servings are 6 for this savory cake with spring vegetables.
If portions in your family menu should become four, for example, nutrition facts would be:
That would not leave you many possibilities to complete your menu.
- - Fiber per serving: 10.5 grams
What's the right wine for " Savory tart filled with artchokes, peas and asparagus "?
The presence of artichokes does not suggest a wine. A beer would be perfect. But it is obvious that you should make a choice thinking of your whole menu. Planning a meal, buffet style I always suggest to pair prosecco or dry sparkling wine. Both work well in this case too.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1