Petti di anatra alla Melagrana
Pomegranade-flavored duck breast Our original home cooking
This duck breast recipe will make you very popular with your guests because it tastes fantastic, it looks nice and it is a low-fat recipe. It is suitable for a formal occasion too! Mediterranean diet recipe!
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 500g (1.1 pound) duck breasts
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teasponn extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 3 pomegranates
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: 40 minutes
total: 1 hour 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 321 (kcal) 17 % GDA (*)- 1346 (kJ)
Protein: 26.2 (g) 53 % GDA
Total fat: 17.5 (g) 25 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 16.0 (g) 6 % GDA
Sugars: 16.0 (g) 18 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (102 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for pomegranate duck breasts
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare the juice of 2 pomegranates.
Using a small, sharp knife, cut out the blossom end of the fruit and score the skin in quarters.
Working over a bowl, break your fruit in half, using its scored lines as a guide.
Break the halves into quarters. Do not cut, as the knife can puncture kernels, releasing their juice.
Scoop out kernels with a spoon.
Pass kernels through a potato masher or a vegetable mill.
In this way you'll obtain a juice without any seed.
You have to remove kernels from the third pomegranate too. Put them aside.
- - Pour olive oil in a pan.
Remove skin from duck breast, halve it, arrange in the saucepan and brown on all sides.
Douse with pomegranate juice and allow to evaporate over a fierce heat for few minutes.
At this point add a ladle of hot water, season to taste with salt and continue cooking, half-covered, over moderate heat, until duck meat is tender.
Cooking time depends on the quality of your duck breast.
Take care your breast does not dry up and there is always a plenty of flavorsome sauce.
- - At the end of cooking, rmove your meat from the pan, carve into thick slices and arrange them in the saucepan again.
Add the kernels of the third pomegranate and chives,
Return to the heat for some minutes in order to amalgamate the flavors.
Just before serving
- - Serve pomegranate duck breast hot, sprinkled with cooking juice.
- - The recipe of duck breast flavored with pomegranate is easy, but long because the extraction of juice from pomegranates is long. This is the main reason why I prepare this recipe exclusively in my big occasions and often at Christmas time.
- - I suggest to remove always skin from your duck breast. It's too rich in fat and many people could not like it.
- - Accompany your duck breast with seasonal green salad to appreciate better its flavor.
- - Duck breast in pomegranate juice is ideal for a refined menu, played on the alternation of seasonal and traditional Italian flavors. Just be careful not to serve before it too flavorful dishes or too rich in sauces. If you have any problem, make me a specific request using the form at the bottom of this page. I'll reply you as soon as possible.
What's the right wine for " Pomegranade-flavored duck breast "?
My husband and I pair Primitivo di Manduria (a red wine from Apulia - Italy) to pomegranade duck breast.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1