Pot-roast pineapple-flavored pork loin Our original home cooking
Pot-roast pineapple-flavored pork loin is a tasty meat dish you can serve in a get-together with your friends to surprise them with an unusual taste. Well-experienced and successfull recipe of mine!
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 700g (1 1/2 pound) pork loin, in a piece
- 120ml (4 fluid ounces - 1/2 cup) marsala wine
- 1 little pineapple (about 800g - 1 3/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 30g (1 ounce - 2 2/3 tablespoons) all-purpose flour
preparation: 10 minutes
time cooking: about 2 hours
total: 2 hours 10 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 475 (kcal) 24 % GDA (*)- 1989 (kJ)
Protein: 38.8 (g) 78 % GDA
Total fat: 21.6 (g) 31 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 25.6 (g) 10 % GDA
Sugars: 19.9 (g) 23 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (106 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Pot-roast pineapple-flavored pork loin recipe
- - Beat 2 teaspoons olive oil in 2 tablespoons marsala wine and brush pork loin with this emulsion.
Let pork meat marinate, 30 to 45 minutes.
- - Meanwhile peel pineapple and remove its central portion that is too tough.
Blend its pulp with a few tablespoons water.
Bring your pineapple smoothie to a boil after diluting it with 2 glasses of water.
- - Once finished marinating, pat dry pork loin with absorbent kitchen paper and roll it in white flour.
- - Pour remaining olive oil in a large saucepan and let meat fry slightly on all sides.
Add remaining marsala wine and marinating liquid too.
Let meat flavor on all sides, some minutes.
At this point pour in hot pineapple smoothie and eventually other hot water to cover pork meat, season to taste with salt and turn down heat.
Continue cooking until all cooking juice is well reduced, about 2 hours.
Add other hot water only if necessary.
Just before serving
- - Just before the end of cooking, slice pork loin and warm up all slices in the cooking juice, few minutes.
- - Ccooking juice is very thick with these doses as you can see in the photo.
Reduce the quantity of pineapple if you prefer a more fluid sauce.
- - You can prepare this dish in advance. Slice pork meat and warm up pork loin slices only before serving in the oven.
- - I often cut some fresh chives on the top, as you can see in the photo. To garnish and flavor.
- - Pot-roast pineapple-flavored pork loin is a very special dish for your dinner parties with guests but for your family menus too. Prepare it all year round, except in summer when it is too hot.
- - You can accompany this dish with a seasonal green salad or potatoes duchess.
- - Be careful meat portion in this recipe is generous, too generous! And this explains why calories are so high. Keep in mind that a meat serving should be 100 grams per head. If you respect this rule, the music changes ... completely. Calories decrease to 317, fat to 14.4 grams ... everything in proportion.
Serving the right portion in your family menu, you have the opportunity to complete your meal with a side dish, 50 grams of bread and fresh fruit.
- - Cooking meat together with fruit means to be able to dress much less and give a super flavor to your dishes.
What's the right wine for " Pot-roast pineapple-flavored pork loin "?
I like very much Regaleali rosso (red wine from Sicily - Italy) to match to this pork loin recipe.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1